Chapter One

In this world, everything is controlled for you. Everything is black or white. There is no grey area. That's why even the detail of who you love was decided for you. In this world, if you can't sing, your life will be like hell, because you will be in the black area. For those there, you are forced into a boring job, you aren't allowed to love anyone romantically, and you live your life as a loyal dog for the government. However, in the white area, everyone is happy. You can sing, and you can work wherever you want to, you can even not work at all! In the white area is your soulmate, who will be able to finish your melody. When you reach 13, you will go have your test. You will see if you can sing, by judge approval. Some will be forced to leave their families in the white area or even in the black. Some will stay, some will move out. The important thing is, on the last day of your birth month, you will be put into the category: black or white.
There is a school that allows kids from both areas. You get knowledge in case you become good. At that school there are obvious groups. First, the popular girls: Miku, Luka, Gumi, and Rin. Then there are the popular guys: Len, Kaito, and Dex. Finally there's the quiet kids like Gakupo, Piko, and Flower. Rin is obviously the most energetic of the group. She has a twin brother named Len, who happens to also be in a popular group. Kaito was friends with Len, but also surprisingly friends with one of the quiet kids, Gakupo. They had known each other since they were very young. Their parents met in school, so when they both had children it was meant for them to be friends. Even if Kaito was loved and Gakupo was invisible.
Connections are important in this world. Without them, you may never meet your soul mate. Without them, you may never really be happy. That is why you make friends, because someday that person could be the key to your own happiness.