Chapter Nine

Now that Rin knew that Gakupo could sing, she didn't try to suppress the definite feelings she had for him. He had been hanging out with Kaito more recently, preparing for the music man auditions. Today however, he was free. When she saw him leaving the school, she approached him.
"Hey Gakukun," she smiled.
"Hey Rin. What is it?" his eyes looked away.
"I was womdering if you wanted to hangout."
"What?" the genuine shock on his face shouldn't have been surprising to Rin, but it was.
"Yeah. we can watch a movie or something."
"I mean... sure. If you really want to."
"Sounds great!" She skipped away, leaving Gakupo alone in the hall.
He took a deep breath while trying to sort through his thoughts. In all of the confusion and fear, there was one that stood out. Does she only like me because I can sing? He started biting his nails, searching for an answer. What if she romantically liked him? That would end horribly, but he couldn't ignore that he wouldn't mind dating her. He pushed the thought away. Number one, nobody would really like him that way, number two, he can't let himself fall in love. He'll only get the same depressing ending as his mom, so he kept on making himself believe they were barely even friends.
That night, Gakupo knocked on Rin's door. A couple seconds later, that door was opened, and they were sitting on the couch together.
"Do you want anything to eat or drink?" she asked.
"No, I'm okay," he fidgeted with his hands.
"Alright!"
After spending thirty minutes trying to pick a movie they chose Onward.
"That was... wow."
"Interesting," Rin grinned at him. Gakupo checked the clock on the wall.
"I should go, it's getting late."
"Aw okay. See ya later Gakukun!"
"See you later." then, he left.
He walked home in the pouring rain, he couldn't stay there anymore. The lingering thoughts from before kept on coming back. His Mom didn't even know where he was. There was so much he was afraid to say and so many things he was afraid to do. Why couldn't he have been born into a normal family.?
Rin felt herself smiling throughout most of the night. She wanted to decipher him. Find out why he gets fidgety when he's nervous, why he didn't hang out with people at school, but mostly why he didn't share his singing voice. It had to be more than shyness, even Kaito looked shocked during the evaluation. She wanted to know what made him himself. He wanted to know what her plan was, and what she had figured out.