Chapter Two

"Gakupo, do you know why you're here?"
"Why I'm in the counselors office? No."
"It's because the school is worried that you aren't meeting your social needs."
"I'm social outside school."
"If you were going for the school is for work, I get my work done there and then have fun at home, your grades definitely don't reflect that."
"They aren't that bad-"
"You have C's in every class, and some of them are dangerously close to D's."
"So?"
"Something that is common with people who are... depressed... is that they don't try in school and they isolate themself from people.
"I'm not depressed."
"It wouldn't be surprising if you look at your home life."
"So I don't know who my dad is... so what? I have friends, I just am...an introvert."
"Did you know that the only time I've ever heard you talk is when you've been forced to? It's like you're trying to be mute."
"Maybe I want to be..."
These checkups weren't unusual for him. Especially at the beginning of the year when his teachers don't know him as well. His spot has always been the back of the classroom. His spot at lunch has always been in the corner, alone.
"There are people who worry about you."
"Can't school faculty understand that some kids just want to be left alone?"
The truth was, he used to feel lonely. He grew up with his quiet mom. He only had Kaito, and hated hanging out in a group. He at one point decided, that he only would sing by himself. He would do everything in his power to not let people know that he could sing, which meant not being very close to people. Because of this, he began to get used to the loneliness. He did this because of his parents. Gakupo's parents met a bit after the singing test, and they fell in love. They were so sure that they were meant for each other that they said that they wouldn't sing their song until their wedding. Gakupo ended up being before their engagement, so they got scared and in the hospital, a couple hours before Gakupo was born, they sang two different songs. His father left immediately, leaving his mom to raise him alone.
"I think that we would just be a bit less worried about you if you had some sort of after school activity."
"No way."
"It would be easy, in fact, I have already set up a meeting with your mother about after school activities, and she should be signing you up for one on that day." Gakupo groaned.
"Why would you make my mom come down here?"
"Because you still haven't done anything, your mom may be... a bit like you... but she was eager to help you in anyway."
"Great..."
As Gakupo walked back to his locker, a sentence the counselor said echoed through his head
But she was eager to help you anyway