Chapter Five

"Hey Buddy, I got a call from school."

That's how it started, a simple sentence from his mom. Now Gakupo was sitting in a room, a room where an interest meeting for the school musical was being held. He couldn't disappoint his mom, but he couldn't do this alone. Kaito sat beside him, excitedly looking through the script of Music Man.
"Auditions will be in two weeks. You'll have a monologue, a singing audition, and dance audition. There will be classes before that will be mandatory. Some people will get cut, that's how life is."

He walked out of the meeting next to Kaito, who was eccentric about the whole thing. He wanted to practice together, he wanted the lead role for guys, it was clear that he wanted to be there more than Gakupo.

"I see that you decided to audition for The Music Man, great job!" The counselor said to him in his office the next week.
"I'm very excited," He said bluntly while looking around at the cliche postered covering the walls.
"So, now that you have an after school activity you should be making new friends. I hope to see you around more people."
Gakupo groaned, "Why cant you accept the fact that I just like eating alone?"
"Isolation feeds depression-"
"I told you, I'm not depressed. Can't a teenager be a loner?"
"It's very concerning sometimes, now I want you to talk to someone new today. Tell me who, become friends with them."

"You said you owe me a favor... right?" He approached Rin, who was working on an assignment due in an hour.
"Yep, whats up?" she asked.
"I need you to pretend to be my friend in front of the school counselor," Gakupo looked away.
Rin laughed, "you need someone to pretend to be friends with you?"
"It took me 3 periods to clean that locker," he explained.
"Alrighty, should I go pick up our friendship bracelets?" she joked.
"All I'm going to do is sit with you during lunch, okay?"
"Okay."

That was the beginning of something big, bigger than him just performing in front of others, but something that changed his entire life.