01 Lonely Night

I don't like parties. Period.

Yet, here I was. Lingering in a corner all by myself, sipping some cool lime refresher, while overviewed the mass of swindling madness.

What's the point of it anyway? Buy an expensive low quality drink and go into a sweaty crowds, where one has no idea who even invaded their privacy?

But then again, I came to it, so I am pretty much a hypocrite at this point. Well, I guess I will just have to blame it on curiosity, but then again, curiosity is a door that opens to everything, and without it, we humans wouldn't have gotten anywhere in history.

I glanced around, people were just losing themselves, and some were out right animals. My lips thinned as I turned away, and went back to sipping my drink.

Well I guess there is a first for everything. I looked to the mirror behind the bartender and reflected upon my own image.

Short black hair, solid brown eyes, black wind coat, casual tux, black pants and boots. I would personally say I was a tall lean individual, not particular robust, but still quite a solid stance. With a grimace, I took out my phone and browsing the latest news:

"Notorious psychopath breaks out from super maximum security asylum."

Whatever, they're just trying to sell headlines.

"Exposed! Chinese billionaire business man's lover is a guy!?"

Now, that's just desperate.

"Massive fire storm and blizzard disaster occurring at the same time in City of Fog!"

...

Feeling like I had enough bull shit for one day, I exited the news and went to my downloaded books, and began picking up the previous book I haven't finished.

5 seconds into a paragraph, a voice popped up:

"Is that Iron Angel?"

I turned to the voice of the owner. She was probably a university student like me, perhaps 1 or 2 years older, she had a tall slender built, deep brown eyes and long silky black hair. She was Asian and judging from her accent my best guess is Japanese. She wore a black office dress and skirt, along with dress shoes.

"Um...yes, I just picked it up yesterday."

"I see, I am currently up to date." She paused as if sensing something wrong. "Apologizes for not introducing myself, I am Yumi."

She offered me her hand.

"Ling."

After shaking hands, she pulled up a seat beside me then asked:

"Which part are you at now?"

"Just reading the newest chapter, haven't finished it yet."

"I see, what you think will happen?"

"Hmm...Isa probably didn't die, and the main character most likely ended up in the hospital, and Kardusenn will be lucky if he didn't become a vegetable for the rest of his entire life."

"Why do you Isa didn't die?"

"Simple, plot armor. The book can't continue without her."

Just as she was about to open her mouth to speak, I quickly added:

"No spoilers, please."

"I wasn't going to spoil anything. Geez."

"Geez?" I found myself laughing.