Chapter 24- Stepping Down

UwU
What's up mah peeps! I hope y'all are having a fabulous morning/afternoon/evening!

Anyway just wanted to make a quick reminder:
M/N - Mother's name
F/N - Father's name
F/D - Favorite Drink

But enough of my crap, because this is:

"Stepping Down"!

"Guess who's back!!" Y/N exclaimed as she set foot in her hometown, Laverre City.

"It's the champion!"
"She's back from saving Kalos!"
"And she has her team behind her!"

People all around Laverre started to crowd Y/N as she was proceeded to make her way to her parents' home, whilst talking pictures or signing autographs for fans.

"Hehe, I didn't expect this much of a welcome." Y/N mumbled to her Gallade who was walking by her side the entire time.
'Gal Gallade Gal' Gallade replied, laughing as a fan asked for a quick selfie with him.
"Ah yes, the perks of being a champion, I forgot."
Y/N said to herself as she rapidly signed pictures or pieces of paper.

As the mob of people approached the humble abode of Y/N's parents, she quickly squeezed past everyone, her team right behind her.
"I thank you all for that lovely welcome, but I must take my leave. See you all!" Y/N stated, waving to the crowd as she pulled out her team's pokeballs to return them.

"C'mon, Gallade. I'm sure mom and dad are expecting us." Y/N said to Gallade who was still by her side, watching the crowd disperse.
'Gal Gallade' Gallade stated, opening the conveniently unlocked door for his trainer.
"Ah! Thank you, good sir!" Y/N playfully said, curtsying in front of Gallade.
'Gallade Gal.' Gallade replied trying to stifle a laugh.
"Eh?! You can't slam the door in my face! I'm a lady, and this face right here is a masterpiece not to be messed with!" Y/N exclaimed with a hair flip as she stepped into the house, her partner shaking its head, and closing the door behind them.

"I'm back!" Y/N exclaimed the moment the door behind her shut.
"Welcome back, dear. It's been awhile since you've payed us a visit." M/N said, standing up from her place on the couch to engulf her daughter in a tight hug.
"Mom, it's only been a few months!" Y/N replied as she reciprocated the hug of her mother.
"A few months is a few years for me, sweetheart. Ever since you moved out when you were eighteen, things haven't been the same over here." The champion's mother stated as she pulled away.

Y/N let out a heartwarming laugh.
"I'm sure not much have changed. And by the way, my visits are frequent." Y/N said with a sassy yet playful tone.
"Sweetheart, you know your mother is growing old and her memory is growing weaker." M/N replied, tucking a gray lock of hair behind her ear.
"Yes, of course. Hopefully you didn't leave the door open on accident again." Y/N stated as she pointed to the door which Gallade fortunately locked.
"Not this time. I was out watering the plants with Cincinno and as I was entering the house I heard the cheers of the people, and I just knew you had arrived." M/N explained, sitting back on the couch.
"Glad to hear. But speaking of Cincinno... where is it?" Y/N asked, sitting beside her mother.
"In the kitchen making some F/D. I asked her to make some for you as well." M/N replied with a smile.
"My favorite!" Y/N cheered, earning a laugh from both Gallade and her mother.