Chapter 16- The Battle Of The Champions

hApPy NeW yEaR mAh DuDeS-

Edited!

"So you planned everything right away?" Y/N snickered. "Duh! It's  gonna be one of the greatest match Galar has ever seen!" Leon stated, pumping his fists in the air. "So the match will be in a week's time, because you have some family duties. It will take place at Hammerlocke Stadium, since that's the closest to where both you and I will be on that day. And there will be no tickets, so everyone can have a champion time." Y/N clarified, looking at Leon, who nodded happily. "That's correct! Now I gotta go take care of some things, I'll trust Raihan with giving you my number." Leon said as he walked off somewhere. Y/N didn't know if her ears were messing with her, but she swore she heard Leon growl Raihan's name.

"Sooo, Y/N. Shall we head back to my place?" Raihan said popping up from behind her. "Hmm, I'll find my way there. I need to train up for my match against Leon." Y/N replied, shooing Raihan away. "Suit yourself, I'll send you Leon's number later on." Don't get lost!" Raihan said, waving goodbye.

The Wild Area was a big place, and it was easy to get lost, especially for Leon. So many things were rushing through Y/N's mind. 'What if I lose?', 'Will people look down on me?', 'But what if I win?'.
Her Gallade, knowing exactly what she was thinking and feeling, rubbed his trainer's arm reassuringly. 'Gal Gal.' Gallade said, earning a smile from Y/N. "Thanks, buddy. We'll win this together." She said, with a smile.

Y/N and Gallade were walking around aimlessly the Wild Area, not knowing what to do or where to go. "Hey, Gallade. Where do you want to start training?" Y/N asked as they stopped by the Giant's Cap. 'Gallade Gal!' Gallade said as he pointed to an island across of the Lake of Outrage. "Oh, you want to go over there? Let's go." Y/N replied, walking to the edge of the waters. She spotted a Lapras swimming around, and she called it over. "Hello there! Can you help bring us to that area of land over there?" Y/N said to the Lapras that swam to her. The Lapras nodded, and motioned for Y/N and Gallade to get on it's back.

"So, my dear partner. Are you excited to kick some champion ass?" Y/N asked confidently, as Lapras gracefully swam. Gallade nodded in response, as he looked at all the tall rocks and hills around him. "Our training to defeat him starts now." Y/N said, as Gallade and the Lapras cheered happily.

Meanwhile at Hammerlocke

"Well well well, what do we have here?" Raihan said as he stepped into the Hammerlocke Stadium. "I'm just training here if you don't mind." Leon replied as he watched his Charizard fire a Flamethrower at his Haxorus. "I don't mind at all." Raihan replied, watching the training from the sidelines. There was a comfortable silence between the two trainers. Leon focused on the training, calling out different moves here and there. And Raihan leaned against the wall, observing every move of each pokemon.

"Do you need a training partner?" Raihan asked as he stood up straight. "Now that you mention it, that would be great." Leon replied as he returned his Haxorus. "We'll have a small battle here, no one watching us, just us two." Raihan said as he set foot on the battlefield. "Sounds good for training." Leon said as he slowly stepped away from Raihan.

Leon's Charizard stayed in, and Raihan's Duraludon came out of it's pokeball. "Shall we go Dynamax?" Raihan asked with his natural grin. "Let's do it, but don't expect me to hold back just because it's training. Leon said as he activated his Dynamax band, with Raihan following the same action right after. "Y/N's Gallade is no match for a Gigantamax Charizard." Leon said as Charizard gigantamaxed behind him. "We really can't underestimate her. Who knows what tricks she's gonna pull." Raihan replied as Duraludon gigantamaxed. Leon sighed in response. "Point given.".

Back to the Lake of Outrage

"Now, Leaf Blade!" Y/N called out as Gallade managed to take down a wild Golurk. After healing up the wild pokemon and letting it go, Gallade approached Y/N. 'Gal Gallade.' Gallade said. Y/N pursed her lips and looked at Gallade with a questioning look. "You want to Mega Evolve?" Y/N said, earning a nod from her partner. "I guess that will help out in training." Y/N mumbled.