CHAPTER ELEVEN

MAXIMUS'S P. O. V

It has been four days since Matt, Alex and Myron arrived. Alex and Myron have been getting better day by day,  recovering from their injuries and their thirst for direct human vein blood to animal blood or blood bags. 

Matt is staying in our house at the guest room but it fits him perfectly as if it was waiting for his arrival. Myron is staying at the alpha's house cause they got him a spare room but also to keep him away from Ty for the time being.

I haven't spoken to Matt since the last time when he told us the story of our mother,  I have been good at avoiding him. Since he told us everything I have been so angry at myself, at my mother,  at the people who did that to her,  even at her brother. So seeing Matt has made me feel guilty at the same time Jealousy.

Guilty cause he had to live a horrible life while we were having the best days of our lives.
Jealousy cause he had the chance to grow up with her in every way possible.
So No... I can't seem to bring myself to be anywhere near him.

I think he knows that I have been avoiding him, cause every time that he tries to speak at me I just brush him off with a simple answer or more like a No and Yes answer. I even started staying at Damien's house specifically Chris's room, not like he mind.

Chris has been an amazing mate or should I say, boyfriend,  although sometimes we seem like we can't get along we are getting there time will tell. Despite being the strongest between us and always being protective over him, I did let him take control of our relationship simply because he is good at that is why I trust him with my heart.

" Earth to Max",  I hear Chris's voice as he comes to where I am.
I'm currently at the park instead of being at school. Thankfully it's Friday and the weekend begins.

I watch him as he comes and sits beside me at the park bench, leaning in to give me a kiss.

" Hey",  he says breathing heavily for air cause the kiss was hot but also short for my liking.

" Hey," I say it back as I stroke his cheek. " I thought you were in school "

" I was until when I heard you were not". He sits upright taking my hand in his. " What happened? "

" I was on my way but I changed my mind and I wanted to go and see Matt.  But still, I couldn't get myself to go, so I stopped here ". looking everywhere but him.

" You can't keep avoiding him, Max".

" I know".

" He needs you now more than ever".

" I know".

" And you are being a terrible brother ".

" I know",  I yelled standing up in rage. " You don't have to remind me that ".

He looks at me in shock,  " You have been so angry lately.  Are you sure it is because of Matt and not your vampire side? "

" You know that my vampire side can't just wake up simply by being angry ". I pinch my nose bridge and close my eyes so I could calm down before I do something stupid.

" It looks like it might with you". He says still looking at me in terror.

" I'm sorry I yelled ", I say sitting down again and hug him. " Am being a terrible mate ".

" We have always been terrible at one another but that is who we are",  he says holding me closer.  " But now you terrify me cause it looks like your dormant side wants to push through and that is not a good sign.  We need to mate so we can activate it smoothly ".