◾ 01 ◾

edited: 17-01-2018

◾ NIALL 

I have to travel all the way to Bradford to see everyone today, and, yet, I don't really mind. I've always loved travelling, and that includes just going to another part of Britain. Going from Ireland to England is only a short trip, but the view is beautiful no matter what. The expanse of shimmering blue ocean beneath you as you fly at an unimaginable speed takes my breath away every single time.

I am finally going to get to see my 'girlfriend' again, and also finally meet her family. That little factor puts a damper on my excitement. Don't get me wrong, I love her, but, it's only a brotherly love. The entirety of our relationship is a plan. We are together so she make the boy she likes jealous, and then eventually make him hers.

Waliyha Malik is her name, and she is a sweet sixteen year old girl. From the small amount I have spoken to them, her sisters are nice, but, it's not them I am worried about meeting. I am worried about meeting her parents, and her protective older brother. She has told me about them, and them about me, but I am still a bit afraid of meeting them - even though she told me that they would love me to death.

The taxi drive from the airport to Waliyha's isn't as exciting as the plane ride. There's only concrete paths, brick and mortar houses with sparse garden, and sometimes a fountain or two, and then beneath us, there's only black tar with numerous bumps and pot holes in it. This is the richer side of town, but it looks as though it is deserted and uninhabited. That is, until we reach our destination.

The Malik residence is beautiful. The lawn is a brilliant green and is trimmed to perfection, and there are no patches of dirt to be seen. The garden is even exquisite. Flowers are blooming and the perfume worthy scents make me smile. The windows are sparkling in the sunlight, and the white brick house has no sign of dirt or filth on it. It is picturesque, and, now that I have seen it, my view on the family will be forever changed.

Tom, the cab driver, pulls up in the driveway, behind a new 1965 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 350, and I can feel my eyes widen at the sight. Beside it stands a Harley-Davidson FLSTF Fat Boy, not a scratch or piece of dirt in sight on the marvel before my eyes. The very sight of the two expensive vehicles makes me feel inferior to this family, but I know that they're not going to allow me to feel inferior to them. 

They are the most down-to-Earth people in the world, and this is proven by the screech of a young girl as I step out of the taxi. The front door flies open and someone ploughs straight into me, causing me to stumble and grip onto the door of the taxi for support. I look down and see Waliyha's brown head pressed against my chest.

"Hey, babe," I greet, hugging her.

"Hey, Ni," Waliyha replies.

"How's everything going?"

"Everything's going fine."

I give her a look. "The other one?"

Her eyes widen in realization, and then they dull slightly. "Still nothing, but I'll get him soon."

"I know you will."

She giggles. "I know."

"Can I get my stuff yet, babe?"

"Of course. Sorry."

Waliyha unwraps her arms from around me and I turn to smile at Tom. He just smirks at me and shakes his head as if saying "oh, young love". I shake my head and chuckle, grabbing my suitcase from the backseat. I close the door and pull out my wallet, setting my suitcase down so I could get out the money. I count out the needed amount and then some extra for a tip before handing it to Tom.