Ch. 9 - 1st Day at NICU

I'M BACK AGAIN WITH ANOTHER UPDATE! YEEEEEY!

I just wanna get this out of the way:

If you guys are also familiar with 2Moons2, Pavel, the actor who plays Forth in the second season, has a Youtube channel where he also includes the other actors from 2Moons2. In his last video, he reacted to fanfictions. WATTPAD FANFICTIONS.He even downloaded the freaking app. Girl, we about to get exposed I'm--

Anyways! Some of us bout to get exposed tbh. But some of his reactions are really funny and he sometimes even confirms some of our sepculations as BL fans hihihi.

I ALSO HAVE AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE. PLEASE READ THE NOTE AT THE BOTTOM.

So this chapter is FINALLY the first day of clinical rotations. For the date, well you just have to read about it to find out hihihi.

On with the story!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WAYO's POV

It's finally the first day of our clinical rotations. I'm checking my bag if I have all the things that I need for my NICU rotation. I even brought some of my notes to brush up on so that I would not look stupid in front of my clinical instructor and other junior interns there with Phana.

I almost forgot that it is also the day that I'm going out with coffee with P'Joss. It's 9am already so I should get ready for it. I grab my towel and place my clothes near the door so I could change faster. I also grab my phone from the bedside table and my waterproof speaker. To be honest, I like to sing and dance in the shower. It's my guilty pleasure and it's one of the ways that I relieve my stress or nervousness.

As I enter the bathroom, I heard a ping form my phone. I check it and see that it was a tect from P'Joss:

'Hey Yo! It's me Joss. Can we reschedule our coffee date? I had an emergency in the faculty and had to go there ASAP. It may take longer that expected. I'm so sorry about that. How about this Saturday?'

I read the text and let out a sigh. I guess that plan is cancelled, but why am I disappointed? It's not like I wanted to go the date-- nope, not a date-- with P'Joss today. He was the one that wanted it.

I put down my towel and lied on my bed again, trying to pass the time before I actually have to get ready for the clinical rotations. Well, I have nothing better to do, so why not brush up on my pedia notes?

I look at the clock and see that it was still 10am, the time that I was suppose to meet up with P'Joss. But the start of my rotation doesn't start until 2pm though, so I have more time before I actually need to get ready. I bring out my notes and review on the neonatal (newborn baby) reflexes.

As I am familiarizing myself with the reflexes, two pings erupted from my phone. I grab it to see who texted me. It was one from Phana and one from Nate.

I view Nate's text first:

'Ai'Yo, the dean said that we have to assemble at school first before going to the hospital. There is supposed to be an orientation on hospital duties and conduct. Be there by 12 noon.'

Looks like we have an orientation before starting clinical duties. I reply to Nate a thank you and tell her to save me a seat in the auditorium if she gets there earlier.

I then read Phana's text:

'N'Yo, the dean said that all students have to be at school by 12nn. I'll pick you up by 11:30 so we can go together since we will go there at the same time anyway. See you. Lo'