Ch. 10 - Newborn Care

Here I am yet agaaain~

This is my 10th chapter already! Wow, how time goes by lol. Anyways thank you guys for 1.26k reads and almost 150 votes! That's a lot for my first time writing a BL story. Thank you so much for loving this story even though it has SOME pretty shitty writing. I'm going to keep uploading until we see good news for all. Please continue loving this story.

I bet you're curious to what will happen now with what Phana said last chapter huh?

Well! I'm not gonna keep it from you any longer!

On with the story!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

WAYO's POV

"Hopefully soon, the next baby you hold will be ours..."

".... mworago? (What did you say?)" I asked the tall creature beside me in Korean. I am not super fluent but I know some phrases. Anyway, back to the topic. I'm not sure if I heard that right or the sleep deprivation is finally getting into my head and I am hearing things now. It doesn't help that I am alone with him in the medication room, with the baby I am currently cradling looking at us with curiosity, and the only sound present was the beeping of the monitor on the incubator. I really need to fix my sleep schedule.

"O-oh. Nothing. Just talking to my self. What's the baby's name?" Phana asked as I look up at him. I see a tiny pink blush o his cheeks as he scratches his nape in what I think is embarrassment.

"I don't think his parents have given him a name yet. On his record it only showed 'Baby Boy Kim'." I said looking at the baby that was slowly closing his eyes. It seems that after his feeding he finally fell asleep again. I better get him back to his bassinet with his drop light.

I get up from the chair and exit the medication room with the baby and his bottle in hand, with Phana following me to his bassinet. I move the switch the drop light off first then move it away so that I can place the baby comfortably. I place his bottle inside of his bassinet and safely put the baby down. I open up his swaddle and his diaper to check if he needed to be changed, and to my surprise, he already went.

"Oh my! It looks like he needs to be changed. I have another question for you Yo. Do you think that the color of the baby's feces is okay? Because if you look closely it is black. Is that fine?" Dr. Suradet came to us with Dr. Thanit with a few medical clerks with him. It seems that I am the only student nurse here in the NICU as of today.

"Yes Dr. Suradet." I said while I was wiping the baby's butt. It seems that a few of his feces was stuck to his butt. I had to use a few baby wipes to get it cleaned. I had to comfort the crying baby that was shocked to who was invading his personal space. After changing the baby, I swaddled him back again and placed the drop light above him, avoiding to shine it in his eyes. I picked up the used diaper and weighed it first. I saw that it was around 10 grams. I deposited it in the waste bin and went back to Baby Boy Kim's bassinet. I used the alcohol that was under his bassinet to clean my hands and grabbed his bottle.

"Ma'am, Baby Boy Kim just pooped. 10 grams." I said to the nurse by the station. She was recording on another baby's charts. She looked up to me and smiled. She then handed me my patient's charts so that I could record it. She first showed me where I could record it and after that I had to let Dr. Suradet counter-sign it for me. (A/N: So counter-signing is basically saying that a student nurse has entered their data accurately and the clinical instructor has checked their work. It's to let other professionals know that the CI was present during data gathering.)

I recorded the data in my patient's charts and went to Dr. Suradet to ask what I was going to do next.

"Hmmm... why don't we visit the Delivery Room to see if we have any incoming?" Dr. Suradet asked me with a smile. I nodded enthusiastically.