Chapter 24

Armin POV

My eyes opened slowly and I stared at the roof. Today was the day I left this stupid hospital. I looked beside me and saw Eren holding my hand and leaning on the hospital bed sleeping. I smiled to myself. Although I had gotten my memory back a few days ago, I still found it really cute how much he cared for me.

"Eren?" I said softly, massaging his hand in mine.

He mumbled and looked up at me, smiling. "Hey." He said sleepily.

"Todays the day." I whispered, grinning uncontrollably.

He sat up. "Oh, it is!" He exclaimed. "Are you excited?"

"Of course I am." I said, pulling his face into mine for a kiss. It was difficult to kiss for too long because I ran out of breath quite quickly. Almost all of my organs had been punctured in the 'incident', so I was a bit more disabled than other people.

I heard a knock on the door and a doctor walk in. "Good morning, how are you feeling?"

"Great." I smiled.

"Good. Now we just need to do a few things and then you can be on your way." The doctor tapped his clipboard.

After a few tests and things I was ready to go. The doctor instructed Eren to help me sit up. Slowly and carefully, Eren helped me sit up straight. Ill admit it was really painful but I had to get out of there.

The next step was then to try and walk. I took a deep breath and turned myself around. I slowly placed both my feet on the cold hospital tiles and attempted to stand up, but my legs were really weak and I wouldve fell over if it werent for Eren.

"Armin!" He caught me as my legs gave way.

"Im okay..." I said, trying to stand up on my weak legs.

After a while I could finally stand straight. We did a few laps around the tiny room but the doctor was right. It was hard to walk and also tiring.

I was finally ready to go. After getting dressed and ready, I grabbed my crutches and hobbled down the hall to the front desk where I signed out and went home with Eren.

"Im so glad your back Armin, you have no idea how scared I was." Eren sighed as we walked through the front door of our apartment.

I smiled. "I never knew you were this soft Eren."

"Well... Yeah..." Eren rubbed the back of his neck and I giggled and kissed his cheek. He smiled.

"Im glad Im back too." I winked at him and walked to my room.

I sat down on my bed and looked around. It was hard to belive I hadnt been in my own room for almost 7 months, let alone the whole apartment.

"Hey Armin." Eren said from the doorway.

"Hm?"

"I want to show you something." Eren smiled. He walked over to me and held out his hand which I took, and he walked me outside to the garden.

Our garden.

"Remember when we did this?" Eren smiled, putting an arm around my shoulder.

I nodded slowly, tears filling my eyes.

"Are you oka-" Eren asked, looking at me but I quickly embraced him in a hug.

"Im fine. Im just... Im just happy." I laughed.

I pulled away and walked closer to the garden. I admired the flowers and ornaments remembering the day clearly. That was probably the first day I started feeling something more than friendship towards Eren, as much as I didnt want to admit it at the time.