ten

blair

i woke up at like 7:30 by my siblings jumping on top of me. "santa came!" they chanted. i slowly crawled out of bed and walked down the hallway.

i looked at the tree surrounded by presents. it always looks so pretty on christmas. we sat on the ground and opened all of the presents.

"thank you,"i mouthed to my parents so my siblings didn't hear. i folded all the clothes i got and brought them to my room. i also grabbed all the makeup and face products i got and set them on the counter in my bathroom. i had a bathroom attached to my room and lola and charles shared one.

i got in the shower at around 8:00 and got out around 20 minutes later. i brushed my hair and did new skincare. i checked my phone to see if i had any notifications. i had one text from troy.

troy🦋
merry christmas b💝

merry christmas zarba

that was nice of him to text me. i put on brandy sweats and a zip up and went to go grab breakfast.

my family always had christmas at my house. we didn't have everyone though. just my two tias and two tíos. also my abuela and my five cousins, marie, grace, alex, mario, and allison.

they were all older than my besides mario and grace. they were 15. the rest are 17, 18, and 18

my mom was already rushing around the kitchen with my dad, making the food. "remember, troy is coming so best behavior," i said to everyone.

it was now 9 and i started doing my makeup in the bathroom. i was doing simple again and it took me about like 15 minutes. i brushed my hair and straightened a few parts.

i went to my room to decide my outfit. i put on a pair of light jeans and a white crop top. i also put on my light blue sweater. (from brandy)

i walked out of my room to go help my mom with brunch

i walked out of my room to go help my mom with brunch. my family has slowly been going from only spanish to speaking mostly english lately.

"need any help?" i asked her, she looked at my outfit. "cute, and no i'm good, go turn on the lights."

i went to the tree and plugged it in. i also plugged the lights in that went across the fireplace.

it was 9:45ish and my tia, Quinn, and tío, Mark, walked in with marie, grace, and alex. we all hugged and went and sat on the couch as my tío and tia went to put the food in the kitchen. abuela also came in with them but went right to the kitchen.

"so i actually have a boy coming over soon," i said, marie and grace jumped all over my excitedly. "yes finally," marie yelled. i laughed and heard the doorbell ring. i opened it and it was my tío Michael and tia Helena and mario and allison came and sat on the couch with us. lola and charles busted out of their rooms and came and jumped on all of us.

i told them what was happening and allison had the same reaction. the doorbell rang one more time. my cousins shook me and pushed me towards the door.

"hi," i said, letting troy in the door. "hey," he said, walking in. "mami he's gorgeous!" grace yelled at me, i laughed and told her to stop. troy was wearing grey pants, a striped shirt, and a red jacket. he looked perfect.

"these are my cousins grace, allison, marie, grace, alex, and mario," i said pointing to each one. "i'm troy," he said. i introduces him to the rest of my family. abuela gave him a hug and squished his face.

we sat on the couch with my cousins and talked altogether. "so how'd you guys meet?" grace said, beaming. "school," i said.

"are you dating?" lola asked, excitedly. "no, we are not," i said, looking at him. lola got sad and laid back down.

____

we began eating around 12 after talking for awhile. i grabbed a plate of food and went to the long table we had in our kitchen. i sat in between troy and grace. troy was in between me and my mom. she kept asking him questions and they were laughing a lot, which made me happy.

"he's actually too cute," grace whispered to me. "i know right?" i said back.

"why aren't you guys together yet?" she asked, i shrugged, eating my food.

"holy shit. he's zarbruh, i'm so stupid," she said, slapping her forehead.

_____

after everyone left later around 3:30, i told troy to stay because i wanted to give him his present. "you didn't have to get me anything," he said," but don't worry, i also got you something."

i handed him the white box. he opened it and there was the butterfly necklace. it was so cool. "oh hell yeah!" he said, pulling it out of the box. he handed it to me to put it on him.

he turned around. "it's so sick," i said. he jumped up and down and hugged me. "thank you," he said.

"my turn," he said, handing me a black box. i popped it open and found a butterfly necklace.

"great minds think alike," he said

"great minds think alike," he said. "oh my god it's beautiful," i said, carefully taking it out and holding it in my two hands. "i love it," i said, "thank you so much, troy." i hugged him and handed it to him to have him put it on me.

i held my hair to the side as he clipped it together in the back. i looked at it in the mirror in my room.

i turned around and locked eyes with troy. he looked at me then my lips again. this time, i wasn't going to wait. i stood up on my tiptoes and leaned in to kiss him. my arms slung around his neck and his hands rested around my waist.

i feel like troy and i just fit together. like we're perfect for each other. he pulled away, "i'll see you at my moms in two hours," he whispered in my ear, making me shiver.

he pecked my lips before leaving. i threw myself onto my bed.

ugh, am i really falling for a boy?