thirteen

blair

it was finally the day to go to the hype house. my parents gave me a whole talk about being safe and how i need to be responsible. i was actually confused on how they're letting me go. my mom said it's because she loves troy, which i understood. my parents trusted him, which was really nice.

we booked a flight around 8am. i gave my parents hugs and troy came and picked me up. i hugged lola and charles and troy did too. he helped put my stuff in his trunk and gave my mom a hug and shook my dads hand. we waved bye and got into his car.

"i'm so excited! i've never been to la," i said. "i have like once before, but when i was like seven. it's gonna be really cool though."

we got to the airport and and checked our bags then went through security. we got to our gate and found a spot to wait. troy and i made tiktoks while we were waiting and were just screwing around for like an hour.

they said we were boarding and we slowly got onto the plane. i have never really liked flying.

we found our seats and sat down. i was by the window, and troy was in the middle of me and the elderly woman on the end.

i took out my phone and scrolled through instagram and waited for the plane to take off.

_______

about 5 hours later we landed. i grabbed troys hand as we were walking off since it was kind of crowded and i didn't want to get lost.

he was really tired and his hair was messy, but i was wide awake and excited. we got coffee and went to go find a few of our friends.

we saw a sign that said our names on it and charli, addison,avani and a few of the boys were holding it. we gave them all hugs and put our bags into the car.

we got to the house and alex warren showed us our room. it was a pretty big room and a comfy bed. we walked downstairs and i saw a few more girls. it was one of avani's friends and riley hubatka. she ran up to troy and gave him a huge hug. "i missed you so much!" she said, still hugging him. avani looked at me confused and i shrugged. troy never talked to me about riley before.

avani, addison, charli, and i went to a random restaurant. we sat down and started to talk. "so riley and troy?" addison asked. "i'm just as lost as everyone else. he has never said a word to me about her before," i said.

"thats weird. they're probably just old friends," avani said.

"so what are we doing for new years?" i asked them. "oh we're having a huge party at the house. almost everyone you can think of is coming," charli said, sipping her drink.

my phone started ringing from a facetime. i accepted it and it was lola in her room. "hi!" she said.

i waved to the camera and showed her who i was with. "omg you're with my favorite people. where's troy?" she asked. "back at the house," i told her, "what's charles doing?"

"playing video games with max, even though max is supposed to be hanging out with me," she said, a frown on her face.

"have claire come over and hang out with you. she's bored and is texting me to come home." i told her. "okay, i'll text her. i'm glad you guys are friends again, i missed her."

"okay well i have to go, i'll talk to you later, love you." "love you too." i hung up and set my phone on the table.

background check

claire
on who?¿

riley hubatka

basically same person
as michelle.

she seems kind of sketchy though
so be careful.

thanks🤪

________

we went back to the house and when we walked in, troy, riley, and a few other people were on the couch. we all went upstairs to make tiktoks in the bathroom.

i sat down next to troy. "hey," i said. he looked at me and nodded. "whats wrong?" i asked him.

"nothing," he said. "we haven't talked like all day," i told him. he shrugged , "i'm tired."

"okay fine." i got up and went over to sit by avani. "troys being short and won't talk to me. he's never like this."

"huh that's weird," avani said as riley sat down next to him and they started talking. why will he talk to her and not me?

i walked out of the bathroom and went up to my room to unpack the drawers. i took the clothes out of my bag and put them in the drawers of the dresser.

i heard the door open the close behind me. i turned around and saw troy standing at the door. "we need to talk," he says in a serious voice, making my stomach drop.

"i think we should go on like a break or something," he says, sitting on the bed.

"why?" i ask him. he puts his head down. "this is about riley isn't it?" i said, sort of raising my voice. he kept his head down.

i could feel my heart beating out of my chest. my face got red with anger, but i contained myself. i felt a tear go down my cheek but i swiped it quickly.

"why a break? why not just break up with me?" i said, my voice quivering.

"well if that's what you wan-" he started. "no troy, that's not what i want. but this is your decision."

"then i guess we're over." this time, my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. "okay," i said, struggling to speak. he took his bags and left the room to go downstairs. he closed the door and i sat down on the bed.

i finally broke down and started crying. my head was in my hands and i shook every time i let out a sob.

this is what heartbreak feels like. i can't move. i can't breathe or speak.

i cried for another 20 minutes, then texted avani to come into my room alone. she was the one i was closest with out of all the girls.

she cracked open my door and saw me crying. she rushed in and shut the door, running over to me.

"t-tro-y, h-h-"i struggled to say. "i know baby, i know," she said, hugging me as i cried.

"for stupid riley. fuck her."

we stayed there for awhile. i sobbed and she ran her fingers through my hair. i eventually fell asleep and she stayed with me.

 i eventually fell asleep and she stayed with me