Chapter 18: The Balmera (Part 1)

Keith's POV:

"So that's it?" Pidge asked as I put the necklace around my neck. Allura happened to have a black chain to match the pendant.

"Yep, that's it. I'm bonded to it." I said, not so happy about it.

"Okay! Now, can we get back to the balmera now?" Hunk asked, clearly getting impatient.

"Yes, we're almost there actually." Allura said, and we all got up and headed to the control room. "Oh my, this poor creature." Allura said sadly, watching the screen. It showed a biothermal scan of the balmera. It was almost lifeless by now.

"I know. It pains me to see such a noble creature suffer." Coran said just as sadly. I nodded, just as upset. Hunk stood up and faced everyone.

"Alright, so here's the plan."

Hunk, surprisingly, came up with a pretty good plan. We got in our lions and headed down to the balmera. We all knew our parts, we all know what to do.

"Okay, I'm going to drop the blip tech. You guys take out that power station." Pidge said before pulling away from formation and vanishing, literally.

"Alright, team. Let's do this." Shiro cheered, and I gripped the controls in excitement.

"You ready for this, Red?"

"Oh yeah. And I've got a little something special you can use on that tower."

"Oh? Well then, let's get started."

Lance's POV:

Another quick rundown, the battle was boring. We started fighting, Shiro took out the power station with a cool jaw-blade. Keith discovered he had fire power! Awesome! ... Don't tell him I said that. Anyway, I found that I have ice power which is also cool~. Haha. Don't kill me. Everything blew up, and now... everyone is heading into the tunnels. Okay.

Keith and I just met up in the tunnels near the galra hanger.

"Hey, you good?" I asked, and he looked at me funny.

"Why wouldn't I be?" he asked as we turned a corner.

"I don't know. I just have a bad feeling about this." I said, and we stopped to check a corner.

"It's probably just paranoia." he whispered. We ran out at the two sentries and tackle them, easily ripping off their heads and throwing them aside. They fell to the ground with a loud thud.

"I don't think so. Last time I felt like this was right before you got kidnapped." I said as we continued running.

"And you didn't say anything!?" he hissed at me, and I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't know what was gonna happen. I just thought I was being paranoid!" I whisper-yelled as we stopped on the edge of a cliff overlooking the hanger.

"Right, well you better listen this time."