Chapter 27

It's been too LONG, I am so sorry. It's been one heck of a year but here it finally is. I am finally back on track to finishing this book and I hope you are all still with me! If you are still reading please leave a comment <3

"You ready?" I patted down my dress, making sure all the wrinkles were gone. I put on my black heels and clipped back my hair. Taking in one final look in the mirror, I turned to Daniel who was also dressed. 

"Are you?" I asked as I took him in. He tied his shoes and stood tall before sending me a wink. "I'll head over first. Don't get caught and please, for the love of God, don't get into a fight!" He rested his palm on his chest. 

"I swear." Letting out a sigh, I headed out. It was a warm evening yet my arms were filled with goosebumps, I was anxious and filled with dread. I did not want to be at this party but for some reason, I felt like I had to be there. Something was pulling me towards it. 

My heels clicked against the smooth pavement as I approached Sapphires lit up house. Dozen's had already shown up, filling the house top to bottom. I knocked on the door and wondered how she could possibly hear me from that loud music banging against the walls. A few seconds later Sapphire appeared, already drunk. She leaned against the door and with one hand she pushed down the hem of her short dress. 

"Ahh, Lana! What t-took you so long, the party started ages a-ago!" She hiccuped. 

"It's hard walking in these heels, took me forever to find your house." Her noodle arms wrapped themselves around my neck and pulled me into a tight hug. 

"Alice is in the kitchen, getting saucy with Tom Millerrr" She slurred into my ear. I pulled back and acted shocked. 

"She had to pick him of all people? He's like so nasty and always picking his nose!" Sapphire giggled to herself and stumbled back. She held onto the door for support. 

"Girl, he's easyy, plus all the hot ones are showing up soon," She puckered her lips and made kissing noises. "Let's get some tonight!" She pulled me in and we headed for the kitchen.

"What about Bruce?" 

"Bruce who?" Before I could question her, we spotted Alice, who was wiping slob off her face. 

"How was it, babes?" 

"Slavia, slavia...oh and saliva." Alice scowled as she continuously wiped her mouth. I eyed up the line of drinks and filled up a glass of lemonade. Keeping my back to the girls I pretended to pour in two vodka shots into my drink. When I turned my attention back to them they were eyeing up the candy that had just walked in. 

"Jakob is looking absolutely fit tonight," Sapphire gushed at the olive tanned, tall and hunky stranger. 

"You do know he's taken right?" Alice whispered into Sapphires ear, glancing back at Jakob and his now approaching girlfriend. Sapphire glimpsed at the girl, taking her in slowly before resting her attention back on Jakob. 

"He's much too fine for her," she huffed, "I've seen the way he looks at me. Trust me, by tonight he will be mine!" 

"You do you, girl," Alice backed away with her hands in the air. "You got your sight set on anyone tonight Lana?" she asked, bracing herself on top of the counter. I rubbed my chin in thought as I browsed the room. A group of guys entered the kitchen and instantly my eyes were attracted to a tall figure with a messy low bun. 

"I'll be back in a sec," Keeping my eyes focused on the brunette hair, I pushed through the herds of bodies. "Liam?" The figure stiffened and turned his head slightly. His eyes widened in recognition and fully turned his body to face me. "What are you doing here?" I breathed out, speechless. Jakob, who now stood beside Liam spoke first.