interview #24 @lolalovessprite

1. What is one wattpad goal? 

 My goal is honestly to create awareness on different issues people aren't aware or and don't take seriously. Of course, I would absolutely love to get more recognition and for one of my books to be turned into a motion picture.

2. What's the best way to handle a bully? 

 Bullying is something that has happened or happens to the most of us. Bullying doesn't exactly have to be physical. It doesn't have to be a person who bullies you. Bullying can take place anywhere. Anything can be a bully to you. Being bullied can leave you depressed, unloved, and could turn you into an emotional wreck.But the first thing, regardless of what it is, is to talk to someone about it. I know it sounds cliche, but that should be the first. And then, don't blame yourself or beat yourself over it. Don't be ashamed. Spend time doing things you love doing. And try to view bullying from another point of view. You're awesome, whatever is bullying you knows this and that's why it happens. If it's over the phone, unplug from technology.

3. What's a good piece of advice for a newcomer? 

Writing is a process. It's only normal that when you start writing you want to get as many views as possible. Some are lucky, but it generally is a process. All you have to do is keep writing, putting out good stuff people can relate to and engaging with your few readers, then you'll get the recognition you deserve. 

4. Are you still surprised when you get a vote, comment or follow? 

Surprised? Not really. But happy, definitely. The only thing that surprises me are the reading lists in which people add my books to. They usually have the most flattering names.

5. What's your favourite snack? 

One year in South Africa turned me into a huge Romany Creams addict! I absolutely love Romany Creams. It's a chocolate biscuit that makes me happy when I'm swamped with university work.

6. What's your favourite holiday and why?

 Now that I think of it, I don't have a favourite holiday. Where I come from we don't have so many holidays, but if I was to pick one it would probably be Christmas. Mostly because of the food

7. What inspired you to write?

I'm not quite sure. I grew up reading books by Enid Blyton. They were literally books with short stories. I loved all, so I would grab a sheet of paper and rewrite everything she wrote just for my pleasure. So at the end of the day when I think of it, I feel like Enid Blyton played a role in inspiring me to write.

8. A song you enjoy. What artist? 

 Garden by SZA is a song I would probably never get tired of listening to. It has to be her best song off the CTRL album. I love listening to music, regardless of the genre, just as long as it sounds good. Allow me to mention that Kehlani is also someone I love listening to.

9. If you could gain advice from your favourite author who would it be and what would you ask?

 It's crazy because I don't have a favourite author. I read a lot of books, and I'm very indecisive, so I can't make up my mind,but if I were at a bookstore I would grab a book by Karen Kingsbury. And if I could ask her anything, I would ask how she thinks of writing such moving stories that makes you reflect and stay with you for so long.

10. If you could hang out with a celeb for a day who would it be and what would you do?
 There are so many celebrities I love and would absolutely want to spend a day with, so I couldn't exactly make up my mind for this one. SZA, Prettymuch. I love Ava DuVernay, I respect her so much. Plus I just recently got into Stranger Things and can't help but think that it would be the most amazing thing to hang out with the kids from it, but besides all that, overall, I know I would love to spend a day with Zendaya. We love an unproblematic and stunning human.

11 How would you enjoy a rainy day?

Rainy days are the best! Especially if you have a book you're reading. However, most times, I just stay in bed and see a movie.

request time

Definitely the book I'm working on. It isn't out yet, and I don't have a title for it yet, but I feel like it'll be my best book yet. But in the mean time, I would tell people to read Renèe's River. It gives a really, really basic background of understanding Tourette's Syndrome. I feel like the book is very relatable as well. Everyone gets crushes all the time, and we just want to get noticed. At the same time, some of us get treated like garbage in our relationships. One of the messages in the book is definitely to let people know that it's okay to take a step back from such relationships.