Chapter Three

~CAMS POV~

I was sitting awkwardly next to Eric for a while. Neither of us talked nor did we make an attempt to. I sighed and bit my lip, looking down at my lap. "Hey...wanna go get something to eat?" I ask softly, looking up at him to see his response.

He tilted his head and cocked his eyebrow. "Dude, it's 4:15.." he chuckled, checking the clock on his phone. I nodded. "I know but I'm starving." I said, shrugging. He smiled and nodded as well. "Sure man, lets go get some food, but you're driving." He smirked and tossed me the keys to my car.

I stood up and grabbed my wallet off of the counter in the sink and made sure I had my phone. Me and Eric walked out of the front door and out to my car.

We hopped in and buckled our seatbelts. I put the key in the ignition and starred up the car, feeling the low hum of the engine. I put the car in reverse and slowly backed out of the drive way and into the street.

As I headed down the street, I turned my head to Eric. "What are you in the mood for?" He looked up, resting his finger on his chin and hummed softly. His eyes lit up and he turned to me and said, "What about Wendy's?" I smiled and nodded. "Sounds good mate!"

~ERIC'S POV~
Once we arrived to the fast food restaurant, we unbuckled our seatbelts and went inside. We had to wait in line to order for quite a bit of one as it seemed that everyone wanted Wendy's at that exact same time.

Once we got up to the cashier, we ordered what we wanted and went go find an open seat for the two of us.

We sat down and waited for our order to be called. We sat in silence and I could tell Cam was uncomfortable. I furrowed my brows and tilted my head. He had been acting rather strange lately but I didn't know why.

"Hey man, you alright? You've been acting weird..." I asked flatly. Cam flinched and turned to me, almost as if he was surprised that I had asked him that. "Y-Yeah, I'm fine...Why do you ask?" He hesitantly answered. I have him an 'I'm not dumb' face and sighed. "Cam, I'm your best friend, I know your not fine." I said sternly. He bit his lip and looked down.

"I just have a lot of stuff on my mind. Stress you could say..." Cam said. I softened my expression and looked him in the eyes. "Do..you wanna talk about it?" I asked him. He shook his head, continuing to look down. I sighed and heard our order number get called. Cameron popped up from his seat and immediately said, "I'll get it." I nodded and remained seated.

I watched him walk towards the counter and I huffed. "What is his deal....?" I mumbled lowly under my breath.

He came back with our tray of food and set mine in front of me. His face was expressionless, almost as if he was trying to hide how he really felt.

As we ate, I watched him the whole time. His face, his body language, the way he acted. None of it seemed like Cam. It seemed like a different person controlled his emotions and actions. I eventually shook it off and proceeded to keep eating my food.

~CAM'S POV~
We got finished eating our food and we were getting ready to leave. I threw away all of our trash and walked out of the fast food restaurant.

We got into my car and I started it up. I bit my lip and buckled my seatbelt. "Hey Eric.." I said to him softly. Eric looked at me and tilted his head slightly. "Yeah?" He said cheerfully. I looked down at my lap and swallowed.
"T-thank for coming with me to eat..." I said and looked at him.

He raised an eyebrow and nodded. "Yeah....of course man, no problem." He said hesitantly.

I quickly turned back to the steering wheel and began driving back towards the house.

The drive home was silent all the way. Neither of us talked nor looked at each other. We just listened to the radio, bopping our heads slightly to the music.

I was the one who broke the awkward silence by saying, "So I've been thinking about earlier...and I've decided I think us and all the guys should go to the club tonight. We all deserve a break from the stress of work ya know?" Eric turns to me and nods. "Sounds great! When we get home we came tell the guys," he looks at the clock on the radio dash, "It's nearly 5:30, we can go to the club around 8:00-ish. Sound good?" I nod and smile. "Perfect mate."

This can be my time to tell Eric how I feel. I'm tired of hiding from him and the others. I know he's going to reject me but, hey, what worse could happen? I think to myself, my cheeks turning pink as I do so.

We get to the house and I pull into the drive way and quickly hopping out of the car. I walk to the front door of the house and unlock it with Eric shortly behind me. The two of us walk inside and notice all the guys on the couch and loveseats, watching TV. Mason and jay were seating together on the love seat, Toby and Matt were on the couch. I noticed two other people on the other side of the couch and I after a bit of looking, I realized it was Jaren and John.

My eyes grew wide and I smiled from ear to ear. I walked into the living room where everyone was, Eric behind me, and I waved. "Hey everyone, we're back! And what's up you two! Didn't know you'd be here!" I say, indicating to John and Jaren.

The two chuckle and say their hellos. "We were coming through town and thought we'd stop by!" Said John. Jaren nodded. "Oh okay! Well perfect timing as I was just about to announce something to everyone!"

The guys get a confused look on their faces and look around at each other, shrugging. "I decided for us to take the night off and to go to the club!" All of their faces lit up and smiles appeared on their mouths. They all nodded in approval and talked amongst themselves. "We're leaving here at 8 so get ready, and be ready to leave on time." I turn back to Jaren and John. "If you two want, you can come as well!" They both nod. "We have our bags in the car, we can change in a bit." Said Jaren. Car? I didn't notice their car in the driveway.

I smile and begin walking upstairs to go get ready. Hopefully this goes as planned....
——————————————————————-
Yay!! Finally got part three out!!
Hope you enjoy! Remember to vote and comment!!
-Em 💗