Chapter 7

I couldn't believe what he said.
He couldn't have meant it.
It's not possible.

I have managed to convince Eric that I could get him a ride home. I called the two of us an Uber and we waited for it in the parking lot.

I had messaged the guys in the group chat that I was leaving with Eric. I said he wasn't feeling well so hopefully they wouldn't get suspicious. Toby responded with a wonky face and Mason and jay sent smirking emojis. Jaren and John just sent "K."

Eric leaned against me the whole ride, snoring softly. The Uber seemed to have a dirty look on his face the whole drive. Not sure why though.

I could feel Eric start to stir awake and his body lurched forward as he gagged. The driver threw a paper sack at me to give to Eric. He placed his mouth into the opening, hurling up his food and drinks from the night.

I rubbed his back softly to help calm him down a bit as his breathing was uneven. The smell was making me want to gag but I kept my control. The driver eventually stopped by a roadside dumpster to chunk the bag into because he just thought it was unbearable.

Eric stayed awake this time but he continued to lean against me, tracing small circles on my thighs. I shut my eyes and sighed deeply. Hearing the hum of the car and how it rocked back and forth was making me quite sleepy.

I didn't let myself fall asleep as I was afraid Eric would puke again. And not in a bag the next time. And there was no need to sleep because we arrived at the house soon after.

I tipped the driver extra and me and Eric stood in the driveway as he sped off.

Without warning, Eric turned on his heels and headed for the door of the house. "Eric. Wait..." I called out to him, hoping to talk over what happened.

He turned to me, a sleepy expression on his face. I could tell he didn't want to talk anymore for the night. I didn't blame him. I was exhausted. And from his posture and how he acted, he seemed to be sobering up a bit. "Cameron...please, not now. I'm tired and I just want sleep." I said while yawing. He rubbed his face and bite his lip.

I nodded and swallowed. "I understand.." I said lowly under my breath.

And with that, he turned back to the house and walked inside, leaving me out on the concrete. I furrowed my eyebrows and huffed. "Ive messes it all up haven't I...I should've said me too...or at least a thank you..what am I thinking I-"

I was cut off by Eric poking his head through the door. "Are you coming inside or what?" My smile returned and I started my way into the house.

"Maybe I can fix this..."

———————-
-A/N-
Sorry for the short chapter guys, I just wanted something to close off the night.
BUT!! I wanted to thank everyone who has read and voted for everyone of my chapters. I wouldn't NEVER thought all these people would read MY story! This is crazy! Y'all are amazing and I love you all. But anyway,
Till another time,
Emily 💗👋//