custard pie

1985

It was a regular summer evening. Jimmy and I were cuddled on the couch watching Television. It's not like there was anything intersting on there but we were pretty bored and this was the only thing we wanted to spend all night doing. We settled on this channel that was putting a few comedic things since we didn't know what else to watch.

We were just watching TV until they featured Robert Plant getting a pie thrown at his face. Jimmy and I laughed in amusement. Our laughter stopped as Jimmy spoke up and said, "I still can't believe you dated that fool." I looked down at the bottle of beer I was holding in my hand and didn't say anything.

Jimmy noticed how quiet I got and spoke up. "Do you miss Robert, Heather?" "N-no! Of course not!" I lied as I took a sip of my beer. Jimmy could tell that I was lying because he asked me again. "Do you miss him? Don't lie to me." "Yes, I do," I said quietly as I stood up and placed my beer on the table, making my way to the bedroom to get ready for bed.

It was true, I did date Robert Plant and it's one of the things I would love to forget. Then again, I did have many bittersweet memories from those days and I truly missed him. I haven't seen him since 1975 and it killed me inside because I was the reason our relationship didn't last. It was all my fault.

It was all my fault