ten years ago

1985

I snapped out of my deep thoughts and faced reality again. It was common for me to randomly get flashbacks of my relationship with Robert and I hated it. I didn't want to think about my relationship with him because it made me feel nostalgic and it made me wish Robert were here. I honestly just want to forget all about Robert but I can't. I just can't. 

It has been 10 years since I last saw him. 10 years since our breakup. All I know is that it was my fault we broke up. I had the serious drug and drinking addiction, I cheated on him, and I kept getting frustrated with him when he tried to help. I would say the downfall of our relationship was all my fault and that was no lie. 

"Are you thinking about Robert again?" Jimmy spoke up as if he read my mind. "No, of course not. Why would I be thinking about him?" I said nervously. "You are thinking about him. I can tell perfectly well, don't lie to me," he said with a serious tone in his voice. I took a deep breath and sighed. "Yes, I am thinking about Robert again because I love him, I still do and I haven't seen him in 10 years. Its my fault our relationship is broken. Its all my fault," I said. "Heather, you did nothing wrong. Your relationship was toxic but it wasn't because you. Remember, he was toxic too."

"He was toxic too"

and he was