in the light

The bright sunlight hit my face and caused me to wake up earlier than I usually do. I opened my eyes and smiled at when i saw Robert next to me. His hair was beautifully shining from the sunlight and he was breathing in and out, still naked from the night before. I tangled a few strands of his hair around my fingers and kissed it. All I wanted to do was spend all day in bed with him. Then I remembered my strong desire for cocaine and I quickly got out of bed and put on a bathrobe and went downstairs. I had cocaine hidden somewhere in the kitchen closet, somewhere where Robert wouldn't be able to find it. I pulled out the small container and opened it at the dining table and snorted it in.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I heard a voice suddenly say. I looked up and saw Robert standing there and watching me snort in the drug. I got carried away that I forgot all about him. Fuck, I thought and hoped he wouldn't get mad. "Hey Robert," I said in a quiet voice. "What the fuck were you doing?" he repeated once again and sat next to me at the table. "I wasn't doing anything," I said refusing to look at him. "You were doing something! You're snorting cocaine! Have you been doing drugs this whole time?" he said as he raised his voice at me. "I can't help it, Robert! I'm addicted," I cried out hoping he wouldn't get too mad. "You're addicted! I can't have you get addicted. It's only going to negatively affect your life," he said. "You're not my boss. I can do drugs if i want to," I said with a bit of confidence inside of me. "Well I don't want you to do drugs. They aren't even good for you," he said. "I don't care. I'm going to Jimmy's place. HE doesn't care if I do drugs!" I said as I stood up from the table and quickly made my way to the bedroom closet to change.

"What do you mean you're going to Jimmy's?" he said following me into the bedroom. "I've been going to Jimmy's house every fucking day! We drink and do drugs and then I come home! He's like a friend to me," I said as I pulled my shirt on. "Why the hell didn't you or Jimmy tell me that the two of you were hanging out?" he said. I could tell that he was mad and I was afraid about what was going to happen. "He told me not to tell you," I said as I came out of the closet. "Bloody hell, the two of you better not be fucking each other behind my back," he said crossing his arms across his chest. "We aren't fucking or dating or anything! We're just friends!" I exclamied and walked out the bedroom. "You should have told me!" he said as he followed me again. "I don't have to tell you everything, dad. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to Jimmy's!" I said in annoyance and ran out the door to drive away. 

***

"Robert caught me snorting cocaine this morning and then I accidentally told him about the two of us," I said to Jimmy as I drank my Jack Daniels. "Was he mad?" Jimmy asked as he did a bit of heroin. "He was pissed off and told me stop doing drugs and all that shit. I really don't care anymore. I can do drugs all I want. Oh and he thinks that the two of us are fucking each other behind his back which is bullshit because we obviously don't feel that way for each other," I ranted. "I knew Robert was going to pissed. Fuck him. He's just an asshole," Jimmy said. "A big asshole I bet," I laughed and took a shot. I did feel a bit bad talking badly about Robert but I was pissed at how controlling he wanted to be so I needed to let my feelings out.

"Since Robert knows I do drugs now, I can now have all the drugs I want. He knows anyways and if he doesn't like it then that's his problem," I shrugged as I grabbed a random cigarette and took a drag. Jimmy laughed and dropped his needle onto the ground. "Let me drive you home and surprise that bastard," he said and stood up from the couch. "Oh yea, I'd like to see the look on his face when he sees both of us together at his doorstep," I laughed and made my way to the front door. Jimmy got inside of my car and drove me to our house. 

We arrived in a few minutes and walked inside the big house together. "Robert, I'm home" I sang out as I walked into the living room where i found him on the couch reading a newspaper. "Oh, welcome home, Heather," Robert said without looking up. I was frustrated that he didn't look up at me so I snatched the newspaper from him and threw it to the side. He finally looked up, obviously annoyed and then he saw Jimmy. "Jimmy, what are you doing here?" he said. "Nothing much, I just thought it would be nice to drive your bird home," he said as he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I felt a bit uncomfortable since we were doing in front of Robert but I tried not to let it show. "Well thank you for driving her come. You can leave now," he said. "Of course, Robert. I'll leave you two alone," Jimmy said as he gave me a kiss on the cheek and left. I blushed when he kissed me and Robert noticed. "Actually wait, Jimmy! I need to talk to you about something," he said and pulled JImmy into a different room. I don't know what they talked about but I felt like maybe it was about me. 

I didn't know how to feel about the small kiss. All it did was make me suspect that Jimmy was interested in me but I didn't get why. There are many other girls in the world he could be with so why is he flirting with me? It was all confusing but what I do know is that Robert is probably super pissed at me. 

The two came out of the room and left the house and drove away, leaving me by myself. I took advantage of this time to snort more cocaine and call Jaqueline over the phone to tell her everything about what happened today.