trampled under foot

"Congratulations on your relationship with Robert!" Jaqueline told me as she pulled me into a hug. "Thank you! I'm really glad to be his girlfriend!" I exclaimed happily. "I hope you two's relationship is long lasting," she smiled. "Thank you. It really means a lot," I said. We were currently at the small coffee shop at the mall just talking about random things that happened to us lately. I spent the whole time talking to her that I lost track of time and forgot all about Jimmy. 

"Dude, I just remembered that I promised to meet Jimmy today," I said when I remembered about him. "Oh shit. When are you supposed to meet him?" she said. "Like in thirty minutes," I said as I finished my coffee and grabbed my purse. "Well we should be heading home now. Let me drive you to Jimmy's place and drop you off," she said as she stood up and headed for the exit. We both left the coffee shop and went into the mall parking lot.

"So, why are you supposed to meet Jimmy today?" she asked as she drove out of parking lot. "I'm not very sure why but supposedly he wants drink and get high with me," I said. "Just you? No one else?" "Yea, just me. He said he didn't want to invite Robert for some reason. He told me why but I can't remember," I said as I leaned my head against the window. "Wow, it sounds like Jimmy here has a crush on you!" she joked. I laughed too but then I remembered about how jealous he was earlier today when Robert and I made out. "Jaqueline.... do you think Jimmy might actually be interested in me? Earlier today Robert and I were making out in the studio and I noticed that he was watching us with jealousy," I said. "Honestly, I don't know. Maybe he's just jealous because Robert gets more girls than him but don't take my word for it. Or maybe he was just disgusted that you two decided shove each others tongues in front of him," she shrugged. "Bitch," I said as I playfully punched her arm and laughed. 

"Well we are here!" she said as she the unlocked the doors and let me hop out. "Thanks for the ride!" I said. "You're welcome! If you need a ride back home, just call me!" she waved at me and left. I made my way to Jimmy's front door and rang the doorbell. No answer. I rang the doorbell again and waited for him to arrive. He still didn't come and I was thinking of leaving and just walking home by myself but then he finally opened the door, revealing himself in a light blue bathrobe. "Come in," he smiled at me as I walked inside his house. It wasn't nearly as nice as Robert's was but it was way better than mine. "Make yourself comfortable. I'll go get the cocaine and heroin," he said as I sat down on his couch and watched him go inside his room. He came out with a small container full of white powder, a spoon, and a needle. Then he went into the kitchen and got 4 bottles of Jack Daniels. "Have some coke," he told me as he handed me the small container and I took it from him and snorted it.

***

"That was fun," he said as he laughed and pushed me towards the front door. "It was! I seriously need more cocaine and heroin though," I said feeling lightheaded. "Well you come over tomorrow to get high with me again. Come down here everynight," he said and pushed me out the door and almost closed it but I stopped him. "Wait, Jimmy. I have to call Jaqueline. She's going to drive me home," I said as I walked inside his house and picked up the phone. "You could stay here for the night, you know?" he offered. "No thank you. I want to go home," I said as I dialed Jaqueline's number and called her.  A few minutes later, she finally came and I left Jimmy's house and went home. The ride home was uneventful and silent. She asked me how my experience at his house was but I only gave her dry answers. I guess I just wasn't in the mood for chatting. 

 I finally got home a few minutes later and called Robert. "Hey, Heather! What's up?" he said in a cheerful voice when he picked up the phone. "Not much. I would like you to come to my house tonight," I said. "Alright. I'll be there in a few minutes," he said as he hung up. I dropped the phone and went into the kitchen and took out a Jack Daniels bottle and drank it all. He finally arrived a few minutes later and I opened the front door. "Robert!" I said happily as I immediately wrapped my arms around him and kissed him with the taste of alcohol still on my lips. He kissed back and pulled away after inhaling the smell and asked, "Why does your breathe smell like alcohol?" "Oh, I took a bit of Jack tonight but nothing else," I smiled innocently. "You're not a big drinker, right?" he asked as he walked inside my house and closed the door behind him. "No! Of course not," I said. I wasn't a drinker but I was really craving more whiskey. 

"Good. Being a big drinker isn't a good thing. Neither is being a drug addict," he said as he picked me up bridal style and took me to bed. "What are you doing, Robert?" I asked as he laid me down on the bed. "Nothing," he said as he lied down next to me and kissed my cheek. "I'm not in the mood for sex if that's what you're planning to do," I said, yawning and sinking down into the bedsheets. "We don't need to have sex tonight if you don't want to darling. I just want to spend time with you in bed," he said as he also sinked down into the sheets and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I'm sleepy, Robert," I said. "Then you should go to sleep, love. I'll come back tomorrow morning," he said as he started to get out of bed. "Don't leave! I want you to sleep with me," I said as I pulled his arm. He smiled at me and got back in bed as he kissed my cheek."I want to sleep with you too but I wasn't sure if you wanted to," he whispered in my ear as he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I laid my head close to his shoulder and fell asleep quickly.