Chapter 2 New Neighbors????

Mitch woke up the next day and was scared to see what he looked like. He decided to just examine the damage and see what he could do. He pulled the blanket down and looked at his stomach and legs. He was really bruised but decided that pants and a long sleeve shirt would cover all that was necessary. He looked at the mirror and was very surprised that all he had was a slight bruise on his cheek. Nothing some concealer couldn't take care of. "I guess my face is used to being hit now. At least I'll be tough soon. Maybe someday soon I'll be brave enough to fight back." Mitch covered his bruise and picked out his clothes for the day. He didn't look too long in the mirror besides to fix his hair. He just wasn't happy with what he saw. The bruises were covered but when he looked deeper he could see his basic brown eyes and lightly tanned skin color. He was never happy with the guy who was looking back at him. He was too fat just like the monster said and ugly. No wonder he couldn't be loved. Who would want to look at that? Mitch fought back the tears and knew he didn't have the time to feel sorry for himself right now he had to get outside and get out of this house, at least for the day.

        Mitch cautiously walked out into the living room not sure what was going to be out there. Luckily the monster was still in bed and his mom had already left for work. Normally on school days he was gone much earlier but it was summer so he just left the house and walked the neighborhood to get away from the awfulness. He quietly shut the front door and stepped into the sun shine. The sun felt so good on his face and he just wanted to sunbathe and forget about his problems. "Where can I go to just enjoy the sun?" Mitch asked himself. As he was walking out of his driveway to decide where to go he saw a moving truck was in the driveway at this next door neighbors.

        "Hmm they finally sold that house, I wonder what kind of neighbors we are getting this time." The last time they had neighbors they were drug dealers and the house got cleaned out by the cops so Mitch was a little nervous to see who they were getting. As Mitch was thinking and kind of talking to himself (he did that a lot), he saw the most amazingly beautiful boy walk out of the front door. He had sandy blonde hair, piercing blue eyes, he was muscular and so very tall. He had to be at least 6 feet tall and to Mitch's 5"4 maybe 5"5 on a good day, he was almost a giant compared to him. The boy spotted Mitch staring and started walking towards him.

        "Please don't let him notice my bruises," Mitch muttered to himself under his breath. "Hi there my names Scott I'm moving in next door with my family. Who are you and do you like what you see?" Scott smirked at Mitch as he blushed knowing he was caught staring. "Oh hi I'm sorry my names Mitch. I didn't mean to stare you're just so different from the neighbors we had before I didn't expect to see you walk out."

        Scott looked at Mitch thinking wow this boy is so beautiful. Look at his beautiful brown eyes and gorgeous black hair. He's so tiny but seems so strong. I really hope I get to know this boy he seems like my kind of guy. "Well thank you, I think, my family just moved up here because my dad got a really great job offer and so that's how we ended up here. So while my family moves stuff in what's fun to do around here?" Mitch couldn't believe he had gotten so lucky. He always hoped to find a cute boy that he could spend time with and that could help him forget how bad it was in his house. "Let's take a walk Scott, I'll show you around the neighborhood and we can get to know each other."