Chapter 1 Living in Hell

Chapter 1

        "MITCH!!! GET IN HERE BEFORE IT GETS WORSE YOU LITTLE PRICK!!!" Mitch slowly walked out of his room but he wasn't fully prepared for what he would see. His mom was cowering on the love seat with a huge black eye forming and blood running from her mouth. She cried in silence but said nothing of Mitch being brought into all of this. He rushed over to his mom and tried to comfort her but she just pushed him away pleading with her eyes for him to just stop. He sat back with is hands in his lap waiting for the coming onslaught from the monster.

        "So Mitch you think you are just too good for us huh? Do you ever wonder why your Dad didn't stick around for you and your mom? Huh you piece of crap do you know why your mom couldn't keep him? It wasn't because of her.  It's because you're a worthless, fat, useless child, who no one could ever love." As the words tried to sink into Mitch's brain he felt a huge slap across his face. He tried not to show weakness but the tears escaped his eyes without him even knowing it. "Do you know how much everyone hates you? Why do you even keep on living? Just run away and save us all the hassle or better yet kill yourself so no one can find you and try to bring you back. You are the reason everything is so messed up with your mom and I. I wouldn't have to punish her if you weren't such a problem. I hate you and I wish you were never born and your mom feels the same way!" Mitch was sobbing the words hurt so much worse than the physical hits. The monster yanked Mitch by his hair off the couch and threw him to the floor with a punch to his beautiful face. As Mitch did his best to curl into a safe ball and pretend he was anywhere else, the monster kicked him over and over hitting him and throwing anything he could get his hands on at him. It finally ended with a final kick to his gut. "Get up you useless wimp and get out of my sight!" the monster spat at him. Mitch crawled to his bedroom and shut the door. He tried to take a deep breath but it hurt so much. Why do I have to live this way? Why does she just stand by and watch as I get hurt? Why me? Mitch crawled into his bed, covered his aching body and cried himself to sleep.