Chapter 17 Cruelty at its Finest

Chapter 17

                Connie  slowly recovered from her attempt at ending her life and Scott went to see her every chance he got. She would talk to him and sing to him making him feel like a child again but he was so happy he had his mom still he didn’t care what they did during their time. She seemed a little off but there were times when she was completely clear and she and Scott would share amazing conversations about his life and the past. She would talk to him about when he was a baby and how cute he was. She would remind him of Christmas mornings waking up his parents to rush downstairs to his presents from Santa.

                Scott would lay his head in her lap and just enjoy the sound of her voice. He was so scared that he was alone he didn’t care what she said as long as she kept talking and he kept feeling her warmth. The knowledge that she would eventually come home surrounded him like a warm blanket and eased his aching mind. Mitch never left his side except for when he came to visit. Even though Scott continued to be cruel and push him away Mitch refused to be swept under the rug and took care of Scott.  He left Scott’s visits to himself and used that time to get his own head in order. He missed his friendship with Scott more than anything. He could learn to live without the sex and the touching as hard as it would be but he missed his friend.

                He missed their talks and laughing. He even missed when they had little spats because even though they were always trivial they showed how much they cared about each other. They always ended with a little sarcasm and a lot of laughter which usually turned into a heated make out session. Mitch missed that so much. He just wanted things back to normal. He went to see his mom whenever Scott was gone to make sure she was doing ok. He explained to her that Scott needed him and he was going to take care of him for as long as he could. She was very supportive and told Mitch to stay as long as he needed. She had changed so much since Phil was gone. She slowly blossomed into the mom Mitch had always hoped for.

                Things were still strained between them sometimes but overall it was so much better. She had slowed down her drinking and even got a job at a local factory. She was looking into dating a very nice man and seemed truly happy. Some nights when Mitch couldn’t take the cold shoulder he would go back and watch TV with his mom. They would giggle over him crying at the end of buffy the vampire slayer when angel has to leave her. She would laugh so hard and he would try to laugh but just end up crying more. They had so many great memories they were building and Mitch was truly happy he finally had his mom back.

                Even through all that happiness there was always that dark cloud hanging over him. Scott barely spoke to him except to tell him how all of this was his fault and to tell him to leave. Some days Mitch couldn’t handle it and he did leave. He would go visit his mom or take very long walks but he always came back. He couldn’t give up on Scott. Even though he pushed him away he knew he needed him. So Mitch would come back, cook and clean for him, wash his laundry and wait for the next insult to utter from those perfect pink lips of his.               

                Scott would just give Mitch the most horrible death stares as he walked past him. He would lock himself in his room and sob into this pillow. He was so confused. A big part of him wanted to run in there and tell Mitch how sorry he was and how much he loved him. He wanted to take him into his arms and squeeze as tight as he could releasing all his tension. He would hold him close and tell him he was his everything and none of this was anyone’s fault. Scott wished he could do that but that voice in the back of his head kept telling him that if he never met Mitch his family would still be together. He didn’t want to blame Mitch but he did.

                Mitch lay on the couch a week after his last run in with Scott. It was a really bad one. He almost didn’t come back. “Why the f*ck won’t you get the picture idiot. I don’t want you. I don’t need you and once my mom gets home we are moving as far away from you as we can. You have been nothing but bad in our lives. I’m going to go find a real man who can please me. You have never been anything to me but a conquest and boy did you give it up easy. Wasn’t really worth all the time I put into getting in your pants you weren’t any good anyway.” Mitch tried not to let him see his words were affecting him but tears slid down his cheeks like traitors.

                He got up and calmly walked towards the door. “Someday you will regret those words Scott. Even though you keep hurting me I still love you. I always will love you but one day I’m not going to come back and then it will be too late when you finally see I’m exactly the man for you and I don’t deserve any of this. I didn’t make Phil do what he did. I didn’t ask to be beaten and abused every day of my miserable life before I met you. I’m sorry for what happened to your mom I truly am but I didn’t do it to her. He did. Stop blaming me for his evil actions.” Mitch walked out without another glance in Scott’s direction. Scott followed behind him and laid his head against the now closed door. “Why am I doing this? He doesn’t deserve this. I have to make this right.” Scott trudged back to his room and waited to hear Mitch come back. He couldn’t do this anymore. He had to apologize and hope those last words weren’t the death of their relationship.

 A/N SORRY FOR THE FILLER CHAPTER YALL I WILL PUT OUT A NICE LONG AND GOOD CHAPTER TONIGHT. JUST WANTED TO GIVE YOU SOME CONTENT AND SOME NECESSARY EVENTS. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE READS EVERYONE AND HEY WHO IS GOING TO SEE PTX IN 2015? IM REALLY HOPING TO GO IF THEY COME TO INDIANA AGAIN. IVE NEVER SEEN THEM LIVE BUT I WANT TO. ANYONE GOING TO SEE THEM OR GETTING VIP???

               p.s. MY VIDEO CHOICE FOR THIS CHAPTER IS ONE OF MY FAVS WITH SCOTT AND ROZZI CRANE. SHE IS JUST AMAZING AND THEY ARE BOTH SO PASSIONATE