Chapter 9 Standing up

A/N 2 UPDATES IN ONE DAY!!!!! I JUST WANTED TO THANK EVERYONE WHO HAS TAKEN THE TIME TO READ MY LITTLE STORY. ALSO CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW GREAT THE SUPERFRUIT VIDEO IS FOR TODAY. THOSE GUYS ARE LIVING AND I LOVE IT. I HAVE WATCHED IT MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO ADMIT BUT ANYWAYS HERE'S THE NEXT CHAPTER I HOPE YOU ALL LOVE IT. KEEP VOTING AND LEAVE ME SOME FEEDBACK I THRIVE FROM IT. ALSO HERE'S THE VIDEO BECAUSE WELL I'M OBSESSED WHAT CAN I SAY I LOVE THEM.

        Scott glared at his mom. “Mother don’t ever talk to Mitch that way. None of this is his fault. He’s a victim of a horrible man and I was raised to never let someone I care about get hurt. He wasn’t even there when this happened. I baited the guy by threatening him, this would have happened no matter what. I’m ok that’s what matters and I want Mitch here. It’s my choice and my decision and I expect you to respect that.”  Mrs. Hoying looked at Scott shocked that he would put her in her place like that. She also sees the admiration in Mitch’s eyes as he looks at Scott and realizes she has to do what’s best for her son.

                “You’re right Scott it’s not his fault. I’m sorry Mitch I was just scared and needed someone to blame. I hope you can forgive me and we can start over. I know you haven’t known Scott for long but he has this effect on people that makes him so easy to love. I can see he’s already worked his magic on you. Just be careful he’s a charmer.” Mrs. Hoying winks at Scott and moves to sit next to him. “Are you ok sweetie? That’s all I’m worried about. We almost lost you. What would your father and I do without you?” “I’m ok mom. I was more worried he would get to mitch after he was done with me but thankfully he was smart enough to get out of there before that monster had the chance to hurt him.” Scott replied to his mom as he rested his head back on the flat hospital pillows.

                “I should give you both some private time to talk. I’ll go wait outside. Thank you for not hating me Mrs. Hoying I feel awful about all this. Scott didn’t deserve that. You are raising an amazing man thank you for letting me be in his life still.” Mitch shyly hugs Scott’s mom and starts to walk out the door. Mrs. Hoying pulls him back and hugs him tighter, “call me mom and you aren’t going anywhere. You are welcome to stay and tell me some more about yourself. I’d like to know this boy who has caught my son’s attention so quickly.”  Mitch slowly sat back down and started to tell Scott’s mom all about his sordid family history and about his life. “I’m so sorry you had to endure all that Mitch no one deserves that and I certainly hope this man goes to jail for a very long time. If I have anything to do with it he will never breathe a breath of fresh free air again.”

                “Thank you Mrs. Hoy…I mean mom.” Mitch blushes at the mention of calling her mom. She gives Mitch a sideways smile very much like her sons and looks in Scott’s direction. He has slowly closed his baby blue eyes and is snoring slightly holding onto both Mitch and his moms hands. Mrs. Hoying kisses Scott on the cheek and slowly pulls away. “Mitch could you step outside with me for a minute I’d like to talk to you but I don’t want to wake him up. He needs all the rest he can get.” Mitch kisses Scotts knuckles and runs his hand lightly across his cheek as he stands up and walks out of the room with his newfound mom.

                “Mitch I am going to make sure that your stepdad goes to jail for a very long time but I’m going to need your help. I need you to tell the police everything he has done to you in the past. I know it won’t be easy but it will help build the case against him and show his violent past. Can you do this for us Mitch?” Mitch thinks very hard about this. He knows it’s necessary and it’s the only way to keep Scott safe but his mom will hate him for this. He tried to decide what was more important and turned to see Scott had slightly shifted in his sleep. He was slanted to the side with his mouth wide open and a tiny bit of drool sliding onto the pillow. Mitch giggled to himself. “How can someone be so beautiful even at his worst?” He looked back at mrs hoying and saw the fear in her eyes as she looked at her son so broken and that made his choice for him. A real mother cares for her son first always. “Yes Mom I’ll do whatever I have to do to protect Scott. Just tell me what I need to do and I’m there. I only ask that I can stay here with Scott as he gets better and maybe crash at your house sometimes when things get really bad at my place because my mom is going to be really disappointed with me.”

                “You’re always welcome at our home Mitch never hesitate to come on over we can even fix up the extra bedroom so you have your own space for when you are there. Something tells me you will become a pretty important member of the family.” She beamed at Mitch and ruffled his hair a bit before walking over to the nurse’s station. “No one goes in to see my son without being approved by myself or Mitch over there is that clear?” The nurse nodded and got back to work on whatever she was doing. She seemed pretty edgy around Mrs. Hoying and who could blame her that woman could be intimidating when she wanted to be.

                Mrs. Hoying walked back to Mitch and put her arm over his shoulders. “You stay here and take good care of my son, I’m going to the police station to make sure that asshole can’t get out of there any time soon and find out what we have to do. Thank you for being such a good friend Mitch I’m really glad you’re in Scott’s life. I’m also very sorry for how I treated you earlier I hope we can move past it and become very close. You need a good mother figure in your life and I’m happy to fill that position.”  Mitch looked at Mrs. Hoying with teary eyes. “Thank you so much Mom I’ll always be here for him.”

                She kissed Mitch on the forehead and ushered him back into Scott’s room. Mrs. Hoying walked over to kiss Scott on his blonde hair before waving to Mitch and leaving to go sort out the mess at the police station. Mitch took his place back next to Scott on the bed and dozed off soon after dreaming of his future to come without the monster. He smiled as he dreamed of him and Scott together forever.

                Mrs. Hoying pulled into the police station just in time to see Phil being processed and taken back to his cell. She could see her son’s blood staining his shoes and some of his shirt. She wanted to pounce and beat the life out of him herself. How could he try to take her sweet boy from her? This was war and she was ready to fight. She walked up to the front desk window and was greeted by a pretty brunette with bright green eyes. “Hello miss I am Scott Hoyings mother and I’m here to make sure his attacker will not be set free anytime soon and see how I can press charges against him immediately.”

                The brunette enters Scotts name into the computer and glanced back at Mrs. Hoying. “The perpetrator has just been booked in and won’t be able to see a judge until next week. He will remain here until his court date when they will decide if he will be able to bail out or be kept in custody until trial. You can fill out an incident report and bring it back before his court date next week. Please have your son and any witnesses to the crime complete their own eye witness accounts to the crime and include it with all of the information. We will send an officer to see your son once he is confirmed to be in stable condition.”

                “Thank you honey I’ll let Scott know to expect an officer to be coming to talk to him soon. By the way what’s your name hun?” Mrs. Hoying asked the young lady. “Its Brittany ma’am thanks for asking and if there’s anything else I can do don’t hesitate to ask. I’m sorry this happened to your son and I will do whatever I can to help you defend him against this heinous attack.” Mrs. Hoying smiled back at Brittany and sat in the nearby chairs to fill out the paperwork.

         Meanwhile, Phil is being checked out and made to change into an orange jail suit with black sandals and no socks. He is walked back to the jail area where he sees only one other person sitting in a cell. The door is opened and he is pushed inside with the door locking quickly behind him. He rubs his wrists from the cuffs and looks at the other guy in the cell with him. “What you in for man?” the guy asks phil. “I stabbed this little faggot that was trying to screw my stepson and he ratted me out.” The man looks at Phil and stands up getting a little close for comfort. “You want out of here to finish the job? I can help you break out if you promise to take me with you.” Phil looks at him with an evil grin rubbing his hands together menacingly, “Absolutely let’s blow this joint so I can finish that bastard off. I’ll teach him to run his mouth to me and think he’s going to get away with it.” The man grins his own equally terrifying grin and pulls Phil close to plot their escape.