Chapter 7 Vulnerable

A/N SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER PLEASE VOTE AND LEAVE COMMENTS!!!!

        Phil woke up forgetting where he was. He looked around and realized he was still laying in the creek.  “Good thing it’s shallow” he murmured grabbing his aching head. When he pulled his hand back he saw traces of blood. He reached in his pocket for the knife he had stored there and used the reflection to look at the damage. He has a nice sized gash on the left side of his forehead but it seemed to not be bleeding very badly. He groaned as he pulled himself out of the creek and tried to figure out how to get out of there. “Wow I wonder how long I’ve been laying in there.” He says as he realizes the sun is beginning to rise.

                Phil sees footprints going up the dirt on the side of the bridge and knows this must be the way that blonde guy got out. Then he remembers exactly what happened. “That no good as*hole knocked me over and left me here to die.  I’m not scared of that punk ill teach him the same lesson I’ve been teaching Mitchie his whole life. I’m coming for you blondie.” Phil stumbles his way home knife in hand ready to defend if need be.

                Meanwhile, Scott his still on his porch but after such an eventful day has fallen asleep on the porch swing left by the previous tenants. He’s completely unaware of what’s coming his way.  As Scott dreams of the days coming with Mitch, Phil passes by and notices him sleeping right out in the open. “Well way to make this easy.” Phil snarls as he approaches Scott as quietly as he can. Just as Scott begins to open his eyes he feels a stinging pain in this right side. He opens his eyes to see the monster standing over him dripping blood and water onto his white shirt. “Thought you got rid of me did ya punk. Now it’s your turn to bleed and be left to die.”

                Scott whimpers and tries to yell for his parents but Phil turns the knife he drove into his side making Scott faint from the pain. Phil walks away satisfied with his work and knows he has to wash the weapon off before someone finds Scott and tries to blame him. Once Scott realizes Phil has walked away he opens his eyes and pulls out his phone. MITCH GET OUT OF THERE NOW. PHIL IS BACK AND HE HAS A KNIFE HE JUST STABBED ME AND I DON’T KNOW WHAT HE WILL TRY TO DO TO YOU. RUN TO THE SCHOOL OR A NEIGHBORS AND CALL THE COPS. DON’T COME OVER HERE MITCHIE I CANT SEE YOU GET HURT.

                Mitch is lying in bed when he hears his phone chime. He reads the text and immediately leaps out of his window dialing 911 as he sprints to Scott’s house. He finds Scott laying on the porch in a pool of blood passed out cold. Mitch bangs on the door to Scotts house as the operator picks up.

911 WHATS YOUR EMERGENCY?

MY FRIEND HAS BEEN STABBED HES BLEEDING A LOT AND WE ARE IN DANGER I NEED AN AMBULANCE AND POLICE NOW!!!! 

OK PLEASE CALM DOWN SIR IM SENDING AN OFFICER AND AN AMBULANCE NOW. CAN YOU GET YOURSELF AND THE VICTIM TO SAFETY AND DO YOU KNOW WHO COMMITED THE CRIME?

I CAN’T MOVE HIM. MY STEPFATHER PHIL STABBED HIM AND I DON’T KNOW WHERE HE IS. DON’T YOU NEED THE ADDRESS TO GET HERE.

NO SIR I TRACED THE CALL TO YOU PLEASE TRY TO STAY CALM THE POLICE WILL BE THERE SHORTLY. IN THE MEANTIME KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR THE PERPETRATOR. BE ALERT AND STAY SAFE.

                Mitch hangs up as he hears the sirens coming his way. “Hang in there Scottie they are almost here. You’re going to be ok just hang on. Be strong you can’t leave me I need you. Please fight don’t die please don’t die.”

                The ambulance and police arrive and push Mitch to the side to help Scott. “Who did this son and where is he?” the officer asks Mitch. “It was my stepdad he’s in my house right next door. He abuses my mom and I and he found out I was gay and thought Scott was my boyfriend so he stabbed him. Please get him officers my mom is in there and he will hurt her. “ The officer walked to Mitch’s house and knocked on the door prepared for a fight. Phil answered very calmly acting like he just woke up. “Good morning officer how may I help you so early?”  The officer looked Phil up and down and asked him to step outside. Phil complied and was pushed to the ground and handcuffed.  “You are under arrest for the attempted murder of one Mr. Scott Hoying. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. Do you understand everything I’ve said to you?”

                “Who the hell is Scott Hoying? I’ve been in my house all night I didn’t try to kill anyone.” Phil glanced onto Scott’s porch and sees Mitch holding Scotts hand as they put him on a gurney to be transported to the hospital. He sees Mitch climb into the ambulance and leaves with Scott. “We have an eye witness to the attack sir. Your best bet is to shut up and come along peacefully. I happen to want to get home to my loving husband before the sun is up fully. Do you have a problem with gay people sir?” Phil looks the officer right in the eyes, “you’re damn right I do its disgusting I hope the queer dies on the way there.”

                Scott is being hooked up to ivs and machines as Mitch looks on in horror. “This is all my fault. Why did I bring him into this?” Mitch says barely above a whisper. They arrive at the er and Scott is rushed out and into a room where they begin to work on him. Mitch goes to the waiting room to wait and try to notify Scotts parents. He doesn’t even know how to begin to get a hold of them. He doesn’t even know their names.

                An hour later, Mitch is invited in to see Scott. “Are you kin?” ask the er doctor who saved Scotts life.  “Hes the love of my life.” Mitch replies earnestly. “Well I’m not supposed to give information to anyone but family although considering you are the only one here someone needs to know. Scott is in stable but critical condition. The knife didn’t seem to go through any major organs but he is bleeding internally. We are going to need to perform surgery and if his family doesn’t show up in time I need someone to give consent and decide if he needs a dnr.”  

                “What is a DNR?” Mitch asks. “Its means if Scott stops breathing we need to know if you want us to try to save him or let him go?”  “WHAT??? HES TOO YOUNG TO DIE. YOU DO WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO SAVE HIM!!! DON’T LET MY SCOTT DIE.”  “Ok son do you want to go in and see him before we take him for surgery. We are going to try to wait for his parents to get here the nurses notified them when you both arrived.”  “Yes please.” Mitch sighed out as he enter Scott’s room.

                “Scottie, can you hear me?” Mitch slowly walks over and takes hold of Scott’s hand feeling so helpless seeing all the wires and tubes connected to him. “Mitchie? Hi, are you ok? He didn’t hurt you did he?” Scott pants out. “You are so sweet. You get stabbed and you want to know if I’m ok. I’ll be ok when I know you are safe and healthy. You scared me. I haven’t had you long enough to lose you yet. You will fight hard right? Promise me you won’t give up.” As Scott begins to answer Mitch his eyes roll back and he starts to shake. All of the machines start going off and Mitch screams as the heart monitor flat lines.