Chapter 3 My Light

WARNING STRONG LANGUAGE AND ABUSE IN THIS CHAPTER. IF THAT BOTHERS YOU I WOULD SKIP IT!!!! ALSO THE MONSTER WILL BE IN BOLD, SCOTT IN ITALICS, AND MITCH IN REGULAR TYPE. BE SAFE EVERYONE THIS CHAPTER IS PRETTY ROUGH ALSO THE ALL CAPS IS TEXT MESSAGES BETWEEN THE BOYS

        Mitch and Scott walked in silence to the school park. It wasn't one of those uncomfortable silences it just felt normal and natural. Mitch loved having someone to walk beside him that seemed interested in him but also didn't know about his history or what it was like in his house. He hoped he could get Scott to like him enough that he wouldn't mind that sometimes Mitch had unexplained bruises and such low confidence in himself. They finally made it to the park and both sat on the swings next to each other dragging their feet. "So Mitch, tell me about yourself. How long have you lived here? What's fun to do around here?" Scott wasn't sure what to talk about but he was willing to talk about anything just to hear Mitch's voice. He had this musical tone to his voice that was just so melodic he couldn't get enough of it. "I have lived here all my life. I live with my mom and my step dad. There's really not a lot to do around here but a lot of us go to the skating rink up on Main Street. I know that probably doesn't seem like much but it's a lot of fun actually and a lot of the kids around here love going there." That sounds like fun as long as you are there Scott thought but didn't say out loud. He didn't want to be too forward he wasn't sure how Mitch felt about someone being gay. Scott hadn't come out very long ago and was still scared of how people in his new neighborhood would react. Most of the people from his old school were pretty open and welcoming but he didn't know what to expect here and didn't want to lose at least the chance of having Mitch as a friend. He was just too intriguing to let go of.

        "Do you go there Mitch? If so I'd love to go with you if you wouldn't mind." Scott was so nervous for Mitch's answer. "I try to when my parents will let me. I think I'll be able to go this weekend and I'd love for you to come with me Scott I think you will really like it." As much as Mitch didn't want to he knew it was time to go back home because it was starting to get dark and if they caught him outside the beating tonight would be even more fierce. He didn't want the chance that Scott could hear what was going on and hate him for being so weak. What if Scott found out how horrible and useless he was?

        "Hey Scott, I have to head home my mom is probably home from work and I have a curfew. Do you have a cell phone? I'd love to text you tonight if that's ok?" "Yes I do and I would love for you to text or call me anytime you want Mitch. I should head back too I guess I would be nice of me to help unload the rest of our stuff." Scott grabbed Mitch's hand lightly and wrote his number in his palm with the sharpie he just happened to have in his pocket. The boys walked slowly back towards their houses. Mitch kept running his fingers over Scott's number on his hand so excited to have met such a great boy. "I really hope he likes me I don't know how he could but I would love to make this gorgeous boy mine." Mitch thought. As they walked up their own driveways Scott waved to Mitch and gave him a flirty wink before going inside to help his parents. Mitch blushed lightly and waved back as butterflies fluttered lightly in his stomach.

        Mitch walked in his house with only thoughts of Scott on his mind so he didn't realize the monster was sitting on the couch waiting for him to come back. "Where the hell were you all day and who told you it was ok to leave your room?" the monster asked him in a very scary calm voice. "I just went to walk around the neighborhood. I'm sorry I thought you would rather I wasn't here I know you don't like having to look at me," Mitch answered meekly so scared for what was coming. He never knew what to expect. Sometimes he could be so nice and seemed like he honestly cared for Mitch and felt bad about what he did but most of the time it was like the calm before the storm and even though it had been this way all of Mitch's life he still was surprised how quickly he could change from nice to evil so quickly.