The World Of Narnia

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Come on!" Edmund says as he opens the door to the wardrobe.

"Oh, you've got to be joking," Susan says before they hear Mrs. Macready's footsteps getting closer. They all run into the wardrobe. Elizabeth closes the door behind them as she hears Mrs. Macready stop outside room door.

"Get back!" Elizabeth tells them.

"My toe!" Susan calls.

"I'm not on your toe!" Edmund argues.

"Move back," Elizabeth tells them, already feeling the cold air.

"Will you stop shoving?" Peter asks before he and Susan fall into the snow. Elizabeth walks out of the wardrobe and looks around in amazement.

"lmpossible," Susan says as she and Peter look around.

"Don't worry. I'm sure it's just your imagination," Lucy says as she walks around them with a smirk.

"I don't suppose saying we're sorry would quite cover it," Peter says.

"No. It wouldn't," Lucy says before hitting Peter in the head with a snowball. "But that might!"

"Oh!" Peter says before he, Lucy, Elizabeth, and Susan start a snowball fight. Elizabeth throws one that ends up hitting Edmund.

"Ow! Stop it!" Edmund says with a glare.

"You little liar," Elizabeth states as she glares back.

"You didn't believe her, either," Edmund accuses.

"Apologize to Lucy," Peter orders. "Say you're sorry."

"All right! I'm sorry," Edmund apologizes.

"That's all right. Some children just don't know when to stop pretending," Lucy mocks.

"Maybe we should go back," Susan says.

"But shouldn't we at least take a look around?" Edmund asks.

"I think Lucy should decide," Elizabeth says with a smile and Peter nods.

"I'd like you all to meet Mr. Tumnus!" Lucy says excitedly.

"Well, then Mr. Tumnus it is," Elizabeth says as she and Peter walk over to the wardrobe.

"But we can't go hiking in the snow dressed like this," Susan says as Elizabeth and Peter grab some coats.

"No. But I'm sure the professor wouldn't mind us using these," Peter says as they walk back over.

"Anyway, if you think about it logically, we're not even taking them out of the wardrobe," Elizabeth adds as she smirks at Susan, who takes a coat.

"But that's a girl's coat!" Edmund says as Peter hands him a coat.

"I know," Peter says with a smirk.  Lucy leads them to the lamppost that Elizabeth looks at in amazement before touching it.

"Lu?" Elizabeth asks as they come to a stop. Lucy lets out a gasp before running ahead of them. "Lucy!" They quickly run after her. They walk in through the busted down door and find the place destroyed.

"Who would do something like this?" Lucy asks as she looks around.

"'The Faun Tumnus is hereby charged with High Treason against Her lmperial Majesty, Jadis, Queen of Narnia, for comforting her enemies and fraternizing with humans. Signed Maugrim, Captain of the Secret Police. Long Live the Queen.'," Peter reads off of a paper that was nailed to the wall.

"All right. Now we really should go back," Susan says worriedly.

"But what about Mr. Tumnus?" Lucy asks.

"If he was arrested just for being with a human, I don't think there's much we can do," Susan answers her.

"You don't understand, do you? I'm the human. She must have found out he helped me," Lucy explains.

"Maybe we could call the police," Peter suggests.

"These are the police," Susan argues as she holds up the paper.

"Don't worry, Lu. We'll think of something," Elizabeth tells her.

"Why? I mean, he's a criminal," Edmund says causing Elizabeth to glare at him before a psst comes from outside.

"Did that bird just "psst" us?" Susan asks before Peter and Elizabeth lead the way outside. They hear it again before Susan and Lucy grab onto Elizabeth. A beaver then starts walking towards them.

"It... It's a beaver," Lucy says as Peter walks forward.

"Here, boy. Here, boy," Peter says as he holds his hand out it the beaver.

"I ain't gonna smell it, if that's what you want," The beaver says causing Elizabeth and Lucy to giggle while Edmund and Susan look shocked.

"Sorry," Peter says as he backs up.

"Lucy Pevensie?" The beaver asks.

"Yes?" Lucy answers as she walks forward before the beaver hands her a hankie. "Hey, that's the hankie I gave to Mr. Tum..."

"Tumnus. He got it to me just before they took him," The beaver explains.

"Is he all right?" Lucy asks.

"Further in," The beaver says before walking towards the trees.

"What are you doing?" Susan asks as she pulls Peter and Elizabeth back.

"She's right. How do we know we can trust him?" Edmund asks as well.

"He said he knows the faun," Elizabeth answers them.

"He's a beaver. He shouldn't be saying anything!" Susan argues.

"Everything all right?" The beaver asks.

"Yes. We were just talking," Peter answers him.

"That's better left for safer quarters," The beaver says as he looks around.

"He means the trees," Lucy explains before she start after the beaver with Elizabeth and Peter right behind her.

"Come on. We don't want to be caught out here after nightfall," The beaver tells them.