~Chapter Twelve~

Davey's POV

I hold Y/n's shaking body as she cries in my arms. I'm trying to get her to calm down by rubbing her back and slightly swaying. It feels like someone is picking at my heart and taking some pieces of it then dropping them down to the floor when hearing her cry. I look over at the others and they are staring at Y/n. They look kinda shocked but mostly heartbroken because of her crying. I then look back at the fight and see that our friends have broken up the fight and are holding them back so they can't touch each other.

Our friends that are holding our other friends back walk back over to us with the friends. Once Race and Jack see Y/n their facial expressions change from anger to heartbreak, just like the rest of us. They can probably tell that she's crying because of her body shaking from her kinda quiet sobs. They break out of Mush's and Specs's grip and run towards us. They stop once they get to us and realize that they aren't quite sure what to do, but it looks like they want to rip her out of my grip and hold her.

"What happened?" Race asks quietly.

"I'm not sure," Crutchie says. He seems shocked.

(Race's POV)

I get out of Spec's grip and run over to N/n. When I get there I'm not quite sure what to do because Davey has her and I really want to take her away from him and hold on to her and comfort her. It probably wouldn't be a good decision though.

"What happened?" I ask quietly.

"I'm not sure," Crutchie says, sounding heart broken.

I'm a bit upset that I'm not the one comforting her because I'm her best friend, but her and Davey are lovebirds or whatever so I'll let him have her for a bit. Jack I guess wanted her too so he took her out of Davey's grip and hugged her tightly. He petted her hair as they sway side to side a bit while he said inaudible things in her hair.

We pretty much just stand there for a bit, not knowing what to do and after what feels like hours of everyone's hearts breaking, she stops crying. Once she stops, she lets go of Jack and apologizes in a very quiet voice.

"For what N/n?" I ask.

"For crying and getting tears on Jack and Davey's shirts," she says very quietly again.

"It's fine that you cried, you were just very upset. Plus, it's just tears, they'll dry," Davey says to her and she giggles a tiny bit.

"Yeah, what he said," Jack points to Davey and uses a funny-ish voice that causes her to giggle again.

I want her now so, I pull her to me and hug her. I pet her hair and quietly say to her, "it's okay if you aren't happy all the time. If you were happy every day of your life, you wouldn't be a human. You'd be a game show host." (there's a Heathers reference for y'all)

She quietly giggles at the last part. Haha Jack and Davey, you're not the only ones that can make her giggle.

She leaves my arms after a little bit longer and tells us that she's going to use the restroom.

Once she's quite aways from us Jack comes over to me and quietly says to me, "I swear ta god I's gonna kill da Delanceys for makin' her cry."

I immediately agree with him and soon enough, all of us start getting into a conversation about what has just happened.

(Y/n's POV)

I put water on my face once I get to the restroom. God, I've got to calm down.

"Hey," someone says to me and I quickly dry my face with my shirt. "I saw you crying and I just wanted to make sure you're okay."

I look to see who it is and see that it's a girl in my grade that's in my language arts class. Katherine Pulitzer. She's the principal's daughter.

"Why were you crying?" She asks walking closer to me.

"I think it was just because of stress and sadness from last school year til today had built up too much, nothing to worry about though," I say to her.

"Oh, I know what that's like," she says with a little bit of a laugh at the end. "I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one that's like this though."

"Me too," I respond.

"I'm Katherine by the way," she says and sticks her hand out for a handshake.

"I'm Y/n," I put my hand in hers and we shake hands.

"Aren't you in my language arts?" She pulls her hand away from mine.

"Yeah," I laugh a bit. "I think that's one of my favorite classes at the moment."

"Same here! It's a funny class," she laughs, most likely talking about the kids(coughcough my friends coughcough) in that class. "Hey, do you wanna hang out after school?"

"Sure," I respond.

"Awesome! There's a coffee shop close to the school that we can walk to and my dad can drive you home when we're done!"

"Okay, let me just text my aunt about it and tell my brother," I smile.

"Okay, we can meet outside of here after school. Bye!" She walks out of the bathroom and I soon exit as well.

Before I get to the guys, I text my aunt to tell her what's happening after school.

"Hey!" I say to my brother.

"Hey, you seem better!" He responds with a smile and puts his arm around my shoulders.

"I'm going to be going to the coffee shop after school with someone and I already told Aunt Gabriella," I inform him.

"Who is this someone?" He asks.

"Katherine," I say. "She's in my grade."

"How are you getting home?"

"Her dad will take me home,"

"Okay,"

The bell rings, signaling that we have to head to what we have next. I say bye to everyone and rush to my locker to get my supplies for my next class.

~~~
Hey! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Have a nice day/night and bye-bye!