~Chapter Eighteen~

We Gonna Go Back to When Jack Just Left The Group To Go Find You

(Race's POV)

"I thought she liked Davey," I say, still shocked from the news.

"Same here," Albert says. "Speakin' of Davey, where is he?"

"He told Jack and I he couldn't make it to lunch cause he was goin' to do homework in the library," Crutchie states.

Ha, nerd. "Okay so here's my plan, we don't tell him about the relationship," I say.

"I agree. It would hurt him if he knew," Elmer says.

"I think we should tell him," Crutchie says.

Crutchie why. Why do you want Davey to be heartbroken? Is it because he likes your sister? Jesus Christ Crutchie. Once Crutchie says that most of us turn our heads towards him, waiting for an explanation.

Albert then chimes in and says, "yeah, I mean we wouldn't want him asking her out or anything while her and the asshat are dating."

Most of us then get into a slight argument of whether we should tell him or not.

Time skip to the end of the school day

(Jack's POV)

"Hey Mom," I say when I get in the car.

"Hi dear," she says as I buckle my seatbelt. "How was your day?"

"It was somethin'.  How was yours?" I wonder.

"It was good," She starts driving. "Why was yours just somethin'?"

"I don't wanna talk about it," I state looking out the window.

Mom turns up the radio and we listen to the station. Mom hasn't always been my mom. I found out a few years ago that I was put in foster care because my biological dad(who I was living with because my mom died when I was born) neglected me for the seven years, four months, two weeks, and five days of living with him(yes, I counted it). My first grade teacher noticed that my conditions at home were not good and called some people. Soon after that I was put into foster care. I had six other foster parents before I got to Mom. Mom was my seventh foster parent and she adopted me. I was 14 and in eighth grade when I was adopted, and because of my age I thought I was never going to be adopted. I did though. That was the best day of my life.  And in my opinion, Mom is the best mom I could ever ask for.

Soon enough we get home. I get out of the car and quickly go to my room. I pull my phone out of my pocket while getting on my bed. I open up my text and immediately go to N/n's contact.

(Jack is going to be underlined and Y/n is going to be italics)

J: Why are you dating him?

Y: Because of the deal

J: What's the deal?

Y: ...

J: I'll call you if you don't tell me over text

Y: Noooo, I don't want Crutchie to know

J: Then tell me the deal in the next minute or I will

Y: Itssothenoscarandmorrisdonthurtthegroupandstuff

It takes me a second to figure out what it says. When I realize I just think oh shit, Y/n no. So that leads me to text her back one part of the thought.

J: Y/n no

Y: Y/n yes

J: No

Y: You can't stop me

I sigh at that text, knowing that what she said was probably true and turn off my phone. I toss my phone somewhere on my bed and shove my face in my pillow. I wanna yell out of frustration but that would be loud so I just make an angry noise. I get up from my bed and punch the air, pretending that it's Oscar. After about a minute of that I hear a ding come from my phone. I look over at it and see that it's Race. I open up my messages to see the text.

R: Hey so you know how Dave wasn't at lunch and didn't get to hear the news

J: Yeah why?

R: Well we decided to tell him if he starts talking about having a crush on N/n or whatever

J: How'd ya know that he has a crush on her?

R: It's very obvious. Everyone but N/n knows about it.

J: ...true

R: Yep, well see ya later

J: Bye

I go to my home screen and go to a random app. Dear God I hope I don't have to be the one to tell Dave. It'll break his sensitive ass heart.

~~~
I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Have a good day/night and if no one has told you they love you today then I love you!