Chapter 3: I

"What do you MEAN 3 or 4 months! You said you'd be home by next week!" Eijirou shouted, his face red from anger. He saw Katsuki's head swivel his way in the corner of his eye. He took a deep breath as his mother apologized guiltily. "I'm sorry for yelling like that," he said quietly into to phone. "I understand, I'll be fine. It's not the first time this happened." He sighed. "I'll see you whenever. Love you. Bye..." He dropped his arm as he clenched his phone in his hand, looking up to the sky as he exhaled sharply in frustration.

     "What the fuck was that about?" Bakugou asked a little insensitively. Eijirou couldn't find the energy to muster a smile but instead stared blankly at him.

     "No-Nothing. It's not important," he said, shaking his head but the boy only raised a brow.

     "Then why to fuck are you on the brink of tears?" he asked. Kirishima snapped upwards, his eyes wide with shock. This is the first time anyone has ever noticed that. He was on the brink of tears and when he felt wetness on his cheeks, he quickly wiped them away and smiled.

     "It's nothing! Really!" Bakugou didn't believe it and stomped closer.

     "You can take getting your ass whooped and bike crashes like a robot. You fucking don't cry like a normal person, you smile like weirdo. Now what the fuck happened?" Bakugou grabbed his wrist harshly which made the redhead flinch. It felt like his circulation was cutting off.

     With a little smile on his face, he ran a finger through his hair. He didn't notice how short Bakugou was until now, even if it was by an inch or two.

     "My...mom works a lot and she was supposed to come back next week...now she's supposed to come home in a couple of months..."

     "What about your old man?" Bakugou let go and placed a hand on his hip. Kirishima chuckled.

     "He died when I was 8. He was really manly cause he didn't take shit and was always so encouraging. Even though he had a temper and a potty mouth," he chuckled. "Kinda like you!"

     "Hah?!" Bakugou defended. Kirishima frowned mockingly and waved his hands.

     "No no no— forget that comparison. He was nicer." Bakugou was about to explode and the redhead only laughed.

     "Don't make kick in your knee caps—"

     "I'm kidding man! Jeez! Take a joke!" Kirishima shook his head. "You're so uptight! Relax a bit!" he smiled then looked up. "Oh, it's already dark out."

     "Yeah no shit," Bakugou scoffed. "I'll kick your sorry ass another time. I'm tired."

     "Thank you Bakugou!" Kirishima exclaimed, running past the boy with a playful smile on his face.

     "Tch, such a moron."

{~}

     A few more weeks past and now it's the first day of a new school. Kirishima gelled up his red hair with an excited smile. He felt ready, he felt calm and he felt strong.

     He buffed up over the summer, so if he needed to defend himself against anyone he'd have the strength to do so.

     He grabbed his bag and hoisted it over his shoulder, chewing on a piece of jerky and locked the door behind him.

     Just then, his loud friend bursted through his own door, yelling a 'fuck off' before slamming it behind him.

     "Wow, that's one way to start the morning," Kirishima chuckled, putting his keys in his pocket. The blond only scoffed and walked off without a word. Kirishima shrugged and caught up with him, rambling about anything that came to mind that wasn't his problems.

     It soon came a routine, walking to school together. Bakugou was a tough nut for Kirishima to crack, but after two months of Eijirou forcing him to hang out, he's starting to open up....a little.

One day, Kirishima and Bakugou we're walking home from school when something happened out of the blue.

They got back to the apartment like regular but Eijirou noticed something off. He looked around and his heart dropped to his stomach and out of his ass.

"What?" Bakugou sneered, chomping down angrily on a protein bar. Kirishima dropped his bag as he stared at the bike rack. His BMX bike was stolen. He slowly walked up to it and picked up the chain. It looked like someone plied through it to cut.

"Damnit..." he cursed under his breath, clutching the chain as his hands turned into fist.

"What the fuck?" Bakugou shouted. "They went through all that trouble for an old bike? That they could've gotten at the fucking yard sale for much less than pliers? What a bunch of lunatics!"

     "It-It's okay. No biggie," Kirishima murmured. Katsuki growled.

     "No biggie?! They stole your bike dumbass! Your favorite fucking thing! You can't just tell me—"

     "Drop it...Bakugou," Eijirou turned around and smiled. "I accidentally popped the back tire on it a few days ago. They're riding a broken bike," he explained. "And besides, I needed a new one anyway!" He chirped, a wide smile on his face. Katsuki stared for a moment then groaned.

     "Don't scare me like that you idiot! I was about to go track down and beat some assholes," he scoffed. Kirishima gasped which made him groan again. "Oh fuck, what now?!"

     "Do you...care about me...?" Kirishima teased, poking his cheek. Katsuki's face turned red as he looked away with a scowl.

     "Fuck no! Why would I care for an dumbass idiot like you?!" he questioned. Kirishima knew that tone. It was when he tried to defend himself when Kirishima finds something out about him.

     "Yes you do! I can see it in your face!" Eijirou pointed. Katsuki paused before turning to look at him with a smirk.

     "What? Have you been staring at my face?" Kirishima tripped over the flat surface he was walking on, making Bakugou laugh as he strolled along.

     "No—Well, yes—but not in the way you think man!" Kirishima stammered. Then all of a sudden, Katsuki grabbed his wrist, still for a moment before smiling.

     "How then? With fear or something?" He got in closer, intimidation radiating off of his aura but...Eijirou just stared into his breathtaking crimson eyes. "Your heartbeats really fast ya'know. I bet you're shitting your pants right now," he commented dangerously with a piercing glare.

     "No," Eijirou smiled, catching him off guard, "I just think you're really pretty, Bakugou."

     There was a moment of silence before the redhead realized what he had said, but ended up giggling, brushing it off the best he could. "Not expecting that huh?" he snickered underneath his breath before Katsuki grunted and let go of his wrist, walking away silently. "Oh come on! Don't be such a washrag!"

     "The fuck does that even mean?" Katsuki growled.

     "It means being petty."

     "I know I'm pretty now shut up."

      "No~ I said PETTY," he chuckled as he earned a side glare from him.

     "Bold of the idiot that tripped over air," Bakugou insulted. Kirishima slapped his chest in an offended manner and a pout.

     "It takes talent to trip over nothing!" Eijirou whined, making him snicker.

     "That's a pathetic talent then."

     "So is your constant invectives!"

     "Again, what the fuck does that mean?"

_______________________________________

The original word was "coprolalia" instead of "invective", but after learning that coprolalia was a medical term used in the diagnosis of Tourette's instead of constant casual swearing I decided to change it to "invective", which means an insulting or abusive word or expression.

Comment what you think! <3

Published January 16 2020
Edited December 17 2022