Chapter 9 : Cause

A few days had passed and Katsuki's words still wouldn't leave his mind.

     'Friends are important.' He thought again.

     He could feel Bakugou's curious side glances, which made Kirishima smile happily.

     "I'm quiet again aren't I?" Kirishima laughed, making him drop his tense shoulders.

     "Bingo."

     "Ah, well, I was just thinking." Bakugou scoffed at the statement.

     "Don't think too much. You wouldn't want to get sick again," Bakugou jokes.

"Oh shut up! I didn't get sick because of that!" Kirishima playfully punched his shoulder which ended in static electricity.

"Shock me again I dare you," Bakugou threatened. Kirishima chuckled.

"I can't even if I wanted to. I don't have uneven electrons anymore," Kirishima deadpanned. Katsuki gasped in shock as he put a hand over his mouth dramatically.

"You-You mean you're NOT the idiot I thought you were?!" Bakugou frowned and pouted with a look of dramatized betrayal. "I'm fucking offended."

"Good. Just because I think school is boring doesn't mean I don't pay attention and pass," Kirishima teased.

"Correction, barely passing according to your report card," Bakugou exposed.

"Now who's the traitor! I do the work I just don't turn it in on time!" Kirishima defended. The playful banter continued when they sat in their homeroom and sometimes throughout the day.

Today was a little different though. Eijirou couldn't keep his eyes from his face. He found himself admiring every detail from his sharp eye shape to his broad shoulders and his thin waist.

During study hall at the end of the day, Kirishima couldn't focus. He'd always catch himself staring at Bakugou. He didn't know what was wrong with him.

Without him noticing, he rolled Katsuki's spiky locks between his fingers. He was about to pull away but the shock from its texture and softness made him even more curious.

Katsuki turned to him. "What the fuck are you doing?"

"Your hair is surprisingly soft. I thought it would stab me from how spiky it is," Kirishima joked and then Katsuki turned a dark shade of red but he continued to play with his hair.

     "Stop doing that and get to work," Bakugou snapped, sighing and writing down something on his homework sheet.

     "But I can't focus," he whined. "And it's so boring."

     "What happened to all that 'I do my work' shit? Were you lying?" Bakugou challenged, a cocky smirk tugging at the corners of his peachy lips. Eijirou thought he was about to have a heart attack.

     "No, of course not. I just can't find the motivation right now."

     "Ya'know the more you talk the less I believe you." Bakugou rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to his paper. Kirishima pouted and pulled his hands away, resting one under his chin as he looked out the window.

     He admired the blooming trees that winter had stripped naked. The sun shown through the puffy thin clouds that made patterns in the bright blue sky. The grass swayed in the wind and everything seemed calm as the birds flew from tree to tree. Kirishima noticed all of the little detail that most people failed to notice.

     He had to blink a few times to get the sun spots out of his eyes. He didn't even realize he was so deep in thought, he ended up staring at the sun.