Chapter 7: Was

Kirishima frowned when looking at his closet. He didn't know why but he felt like he needed to dress to impress even though he was just going out with Bakugou.

He groaned and settled on a a black hoodie with a red design and some blue jeans. He spiked his hair up just the way he liked it. He kept looking over himself in the mirror, fidgeting with his clothes and staring at himself. He hadn't really noticed how...ugly he looked. Should he wear his hair down? Or was it just his face?

A knock spooked him from his thoughts and he inwardly sighed. 'Guess it's too late. I better go before he gets more annoyed. Wait, why do I care what I look like? It's just me and my bro going to hang out!' Kirishima nodded to himself reassuringly as he joined Katsuki out in the hallway.

"Finally! What the fuck took you so long?" Bakugou sneered, expecting Kirishima to follow after him.

"Ah, well, I couldn't find my wallet." 'Or my confidence.'

"Fucking moron," Bakugou scoffed, amused.

They walked around the city, went into arcades and video game stores. After a few hours of scanning through stores they decided to go get ice cream. Kirishima got some strawberry chocolate and Bakugou got cookie dough.

"Do you believe in love at first glance?" Bakugou asked out of the blue. Kirishima nearly choked and dropped his ice cream.

"Where-Where did that come from?" Kirishima questioned curiously. Katsuki moaned and rolled his eyes.

"Just answer the damn question. It's not that hard," Katsuki asked seemingly embarrassed. Kirishima thought for a moment.

"Not in retrospect, no. I believe you have to find out if you're compatible with the person before you fall for them. But I'm pretty sure miracles like 'love at first sight' happen and work out," Eijirou explained. "Why you ask? Got a crush or something?"

Kirishima only meant it as a teasing joke but when he saw Katsuki's face turn a dark shade of pink, he gasped in delight.

"Oh shit! You do!"

"No I don't you walking fuck sock!" Katsuki defended.

"There you go again with that tone!"

"What fucking tone?!"

"Who is it?" Kirishima eagerly smiled, neglecting the melting ice cream in his hand.

"Why the fuck would I tell you?" Katsuki muttered, licking his ice cream and ignored the redhead who was pouting like a child.

"C'mon! I'm your bro! Best friend! You can tell me anything! I'll understand," Kirishima whined, tugging on his sleeve and throwing away his melted ice cream in a trash can they passed by.

"No you wouldn't...you're st..." The last part was incomprehensible so Eijirou leaned closer.

"What was that? I didn't—"

"You're fucking straight..." Bakugou growled, completely embarrassed. Kirishima stopped for a moment, surprised before shaking off the shock with a pleasant smile.

     "I'm not completely 'straight' per say. I've had some boy crushes in the past." 'Never a girl though.'

     "What? You're gay?" Bakugou said surprised. Eijirou shrugged.

     "I don't really care. As long as they're not evil or something like a murderer or a bully," he chuckled, making him relax immediately knowing that Kirishima wouldn't tease him.