Chapter 4 : Knew

A few weeks passed and Bakugou and Kirishima were almost inseparable. Everyone knew they were close, best friends if they needed to label their relationship.

     Kirishima knew all of Bakugou's ticks. He knew what pissed him off, what he likes and dislikes, his favorite food and color. He even knew his talents and soft spots. He learned them all by observing him and gradually gaining his trust and information.

     But...he didn't feel like Bakugou was willing to put up with his problems. Sure, he knew about his parents, but he felt like he was always needed to be happy, well, what seemed to be happy. It'd be weird if he suddenly went cold.

     Kirishima knew Bakugou still found him hard to read. Every time something happens his reaction was always optimistic which was why everyone liked him. He made friends easily and knew everyone thought of him as trustworthy.

     But he could feel Katsuki's skepticism. He could feel his stares at the table and as they walked to and from school. When they hung out at Bakugou's apartment since it had more stuff to play with and his mom would cook for them sometimes.

     He felt like he could trust Katsuki with anything. But he didn't feel like he could trust himself enough to tell him.

     The two were hanging out at the Bakugou's apartment, nothing unusual until Kirishima gets a text from his mom.

     "Where are...you...?" he read aloud with confusion. Katsuki rolled his eyes.

     "I'm right here you blind cretin and I'm kicking your ass so you better step up your game dipshit," he scolded, turning a sharp right on the screen and scoring a few points. Eijirou shook his head.

     "No man, I wasn't talking to you, my mom texted me," he trailed off as another text rolled in.

     'I was gonna surprise you but I guess you're busy right now.'

     Right then Eijirou gasped and stumbled out of the room as Bakugou cursed after him. He staggered out of the apartment, spewing a few apologies to Katsuki's parents as he burst open the apartment door to find his mother unlocking his own.

     "Mom!" Kirishima exclaimed as tears pooled into the corners of his eyes.

     "Long time no see Eiji!" she greeted, holding out her arms as the redhead buried his face in her shoulder only a second later.

     "I thought you'd be gone another month," he muttered muffled. She chuckled.

     "Yeah but I finished early enough to come home for a few days. And what happened to your hair?" she asked, playing with it as the boy laughed and pulled away.

     "I dyed it!" he chirped shaking his head letting his red locks go messy.

     "It suits you!" she smiled widely and pulled him back into a hug. "I'm sorry Eiji for not coming home. But I'm very proud of you. Don't forget that."

     "I know. And I won't." He flinched when he heard a throat clear and his eyes went to a man with two suitcases. "Who's that?"

      "Oh! Let me introduce you two!" Miss Kirishima exclaimed while prancing over to him and grabbing his hand and Eijirou's heart felt really heavy. "This is Atahi Tereshkova, my, um, my boyfriend." She smiled sheepishly. The man looked a little nervous under Eijirou's squinted eyes as he studied him. He had messy brown hair, a bulk build but wasn't much taller than him. His eyes shown a crystal blue that made him kind of eerie. A... weird feeling squirmed in his gut but his mom seemed happy. So with a grin, he held out his hand and Atahi sighed with relief.