Chapter 2 : Thought

Kirishima sighed when he finally got the tire off. It took almost thirty minutes just to figure out why the first bolt wouldn't come off until he realized he was twisting the wrong way. He shook his hand, trying to get the cramps out.

Everything after that went smoothly. Sure, the grease oil burned in his injuries and he got a few more cuts along the way, but at least he doesn't have to rely on his own two feet to get anywhere.

He stood up with a proud smile, letting his greasy hands rest on his hips.

     "Finally!" He groaned as he locked the bike up and made his way back to the apartment. He turned on the shower, letting the warm water hit his back and cleanse the grease off of him before he washes with soap.

     It wasn't long until he heard singing from the other side of the wall. He pressed his ear against the cheap plastic tile to hear a boys voice singing a song he loved so much.

     "So tell me! How you're sleeping easy~ how you're always thinking of yourself~" he joined in. He heard the other stop but he kept going. And after a few more words the other seemed to harmonize with him. Eijirou's heart swelled with joy.

      This was going to be a great summer.

{~}

     Weeks passed and he anxiously waited for the letter to come in the mail. And one day, it did. He saw a letter in the mail box and ran with it all the way back to his apartment in excitement. He didn't even bother closing the door as he sat on the counter in anticipation.

     He gently tore the seal and unfolded it, only to be confused by what he saw.

Dear Bakugou Katsuki,

     We are proud to inform you that you have been accepted to one of the most prestigious schools in the country.

     Congratulations, we welcome you with open arms.

     He raised a brow and read if this was from the same school he applied to, it was. He raised a brow and looked at the address. It was right next door.

     With a sigh, he got up and walked out looking across the hall. Not the right number, to the left, good number. He slow long walked to the door, breathing deeply before getting the courage to knock on the door.

     "Katsuki get the door!"

     "No you get it you lazy hag!" Kirishima chuckled but was soon interrupted by the door swinging open. A boy with spiky blond hair glared at him with crimson eyes and Kirishima gasped.

     "No way! You're my neighbor?!" he exclaimed excitedly as the boy looked at him irritated.

     "What do you want?" he scoffed making the boy frown.

     "You don't remember me huh?" He played with his red hair. "I guess it's the hair. I'm the one from the bridge remember? Sorry about that, again, by the way." He smiled sheepishly as the Katsuki's eyes widened.

     "You little shit—"

     "Now now! Before you slice me to pieces, I came here to give you this!" Kirishima held out his letter as the blond looked at annoyed.

     "I don't want your stupid invitation to a stupid party." Katsuki was about to close the door but Kirishima intercepted.

     "Wait Bakugou! Sheesh! I wasn't finished," the redhead sighed, making the blond freeze and look at him.

     "How do you know my name?" he seethed. Eijirou gulped and once again put out the letter in his hand.

     "Well, for one, your mom yelled it, and two it's on the acceptance letter. I accidentally grabbed it because I thought it was mine," he smiled widely, "Congratulations by the way!"