Twenty six

Joshua groaned as he rolled over and felt the warm weight next to him and reality came crashing down all around him.

What the fuck was I thinking?

"Seokmin," he prodded gently and when the other man opened his eyes they sparkled with delight. "Good morning hyung," he said, his skin glowing in the low light, his eyes alive instantly at the sight of the other. "do you have class this morning?" "No," Joshua answered as he snuggled back down into the pillow. "Me either," Seokmin said quietly.

Neither of them moved, or even spoke, as they lay in the cool dim silence.

Joshua didn't know what to say. He just buried half his face in the pillow as he watched Seokmin with one eye open. He was a little puffy with sleep, his hair mussed and rough, the slight hint of stubble the only thing marring his perfect complexion. He didn't look too hungover, Joshua thought, and he wondered exactly how drunk Seokmin had been. He'd only had a few beers.

He pushed the thought out of his mind as he watched the younger man get up from the bed. He was unselfconscious in his naked form, unusual for Seokmin, the boy had shyness inherently intrinsic in his nature. This morning something seemed different about him as he wandered nonchalant and bare across the room to find something to put on.

The navy robe Joshua had bought for him was wrapped around his shoulders as he turned back and smiled again. "You want coffee?" he asked and Joshua sat up. "Let's go out for breakfast. My treat." He watched the man move gracefully across the room and out into the living area. "Where are you going?" he asked and Seokmin stopped. "To get my clothes," he said. "They're in my bag."

To Joshua's disappointment he vanished into the lounge room and Joshua heard the sound of water running in the main bathroom. Maybe, if he was smarter, he would have already made space in his huge walk in closet for Seokmin's things. The thought of them hanging beside his, taking up space in his life, gave him a warm feeling in his chest. If his clothes were in the bedroom it was likely Seokmin would have used Joshua's en-suite, maybe giving him a glimpse of his rock hard body, maybe just letting Joshua enjoy the sound of water tricking down his flawless skin.

Maybes and What Ifs were a waste of time and Joshua didn't have much to spare. He rolled off the bed and went into the other bathroom and prepared to face the day.

They walked across the sports oval and enjoyed the warm morning sun. "You don't seem too hungover," Joshua said and Seokmin laughed nervously. "Yeah, I guess I recovered well, I was pretty drunk last night..." "Me too," Joshua quickly replied. "And, I guess, accidents happen. Right?"

Seokmin nodded his agreement and Joshua's heart clenched a little in his chest. He hated being an accident. He wanted nothing more than to know Seokmin came into his bed willingly and deliberately. But he would have to work for it; he knew that. He was determined, starting today, to win him over. He wanted nothing more. He'd never felt this strongly about anything before, his want for Seokmin only matched by his want for a record deal, and hard work was the only way to get either of them.

They arrived at their favourite café and walked in to the sound of the tinkling bell. Jeonghan was behind the counter, with the other tall barista; Joshua could never remember his name. "Hi guys," Jeonghan smiled widely at them, "take a seat anywhere and I'll come out and take your order." It was unusually enthusiastic for the casually apathetic barista but the café was also almost empty. Joshua headed straight for Seokmin's favourite table by the window. He liked to look out onto the street and watch people walk by while he drank his coffee and Joshua almost stumbled a little in his haste to pull the chair out for the younger. "Thanks," Seokmin said with a dreamy smile and Joshua's heart lifted a little. Maybe it was working.