Chapter fifty-one: Plans

"Then, Mr. Snape, can we trust you?" The director asked again, this time Lily did not emit any word, it was evident that the girl was still processing the information so shocking that she had just received. "It is in these moments where you must be more united, in the battle you will be the only thing that you have, in the end, you are your only support." Dumbledore mentioned trying that this revelation did not cause problems or regrets, the last thing they needed was to have rivalries between they.

"Of course, you can trust me, Professor," Severus said confidently and firmly, staring at the director. "The Malfoy Manor is large and you will need someone who knows the place perfectly to be able to move easily," Severus said with great seriousness, convincing the director.

"You have a good point, Mr. Snape," the old man began as he looked directly into his eyes, the boy still wore an offended look. "You just have to understand that the previous question was asked with the main objective of knowing the risks you are taking if you ever thought about betraying your friends," he finished while Severus shook his head.

"I would not have to do it, the Dark Lord has asked me to watch her since Christmas holidays and it has been something, I have not done at all," the boy confessed, referring to Calynn, pointing her with his head.

The director nodded, still analyzing the words while stirring in his seat with some concern, it was clear that not even Dumbledore thought that achieving the objective of this plan was going to be easy. He was going to add something else when he saw the redhead's gaze and could see the tension that still existed in the office.

"Tomorrow will be your last day here, Miss Black, the train will depart within two days quite early, so I have let you go down to breakfast hours before students wake up, so this and tomorrow night will be the last ones inside the school," he said as little Black's face changed completely, there was a certain combination of fear and nostalgia. "It seems to me that it is a good time for you to enjoy your days at Hogwarts and fix problems between you, you must have the confidence you need to carry out this plan, an infinite trust," Dumbledore ordered, looking at Severus and Lily, who didn't meet each other. "Therefore, I will see you tonight, after dinner, you will know that I will be waiting for you when I get up from the teacher's table." He mentioned looking at all the boys, including Justine, who was just as reflective as Dumbledore himself. "We still have to plan step by step how we will carry out this plan, don't be late," the director finished with a slight smile that only hid the same sadness he felt imperishably.

Justine took the Polyjuice potion that Professor McGonagall gave her and with a bombastic silence they left the office.

The boys went down the stairs cautiously and waited to leave that bird behind to begin ranting.

"You knew all this time!" Lily snapped at Calynn quite angrily. "Maybe you could tell me all this time. You both lied to me in the same way." She finished with a certain tone of disappointment as she leaned against one of the columns in the hallway, before going out to those stairs.

"She wanted to tell you, but I forbade it," Severus confessed, defending little Black who just watched the ground with nothing better to say. "I didn't want to let you down Lily, I didn't want you to know the part of my life that I regret so much," the boy pleaded as he looked sadly at the redhead.

"Well, you've managed to disappoint me, even more than I already was," the girl answered directly. "I don't want to talk to you again in my life, Snape," she finished as she looked away, inhaled and exhaled air to try to maintain her posture.

"No, we can't do that right now!" Said the blonde as she stood between the redhead and the boy. "You have heard Dumbledore, it is at this time that we must protect ourselves as if we were all one and that is why we have to talk to each other," Meryl said as she cast disapproving glances at both of them. "Just leave the secrets and discussions for next week and for the moment we have to protect ourselves as if our life depended on it." Meryl finished without avoiding rolling our eyes at the situation, she was tired of this long project, she was very worried about what would happen in a few days.