*- 52 - Do what makes you happy

YOUR POV

I sat in the Great Hall, playing magical chess against myself. Sirius had explained the rules to me, but I hadn't played it again after the summer holidays, so I had forgotten all about it. I was emotionally tired. These last couple of weeks, months even, had been exhausting. I was constantly worried about what Fred was feeling and what Aisley was up to and what Fred would think when I hung out with Roger and how he wasn't as carefree as normal and all that because we didn't trust each other. 

If I hadn't been so sceptical of Aisley, maybe he wouldn't have gone to her when I was hanging out with Roger and maybe if I had just let him explain the situation to me instead of Aisley, I wouldn't have acted so impulsively. And maybe if he trusted me a bit more around Roger, there wouldn't have been as many fights about it. I sighed. Why was there no trust?

It was Christmas Eve and although the Great Hall was decorated beautifully and quite some kids stayed at Hogwarts for the holidays, I felt lonely. Last year, I felt peaceful, because I could think clearly, sort out my anger and start the new year with a fresh mind. Now, my mind was only filled with insecurities and doubt. I had no idea what to do when Fred returned, because I didn't know what I was feeling.

Part of me was angry at him for not telling me about the kiss, part of me was sad that we had broken up, part of me was relieved that I finally knew what was going on, part of me felt anxious about my future that was completely unknown ... And a big part of me was angry at myself for kissing Roger. It was so stupid. It made me just as bad as Aisley, kissing someone just to hurt someone else. I did it to hurt Fred. I used Roger to hurt Fred.

Aisley had used Fred too and that made me so terribly angry.

And I didn't know how he felt. I hadn't seen him since I had run away. Was he angry at me for kissing Roger? I knew that if he was, that would make it a lot easier for me to stay angry at him, but I knew Fred. I knew he wouldn't be angry. If anything, Fred was anxious.

"Miss Y/L/N?" I turned around and McGonagall was standing behind me.

"There's someone here to see you", I frowned and stood up. She walked away, signaling me to follow her. I quickly put away my things and walked after her.

We went to McGonagall's office and she opened the door for me.

"Go ahead", she said and closed the door behind me. I looked around and in the corner of the room stood someone who I definitely was not expecting.

"Molly?"

Molly smiled sadly and walked up to me. She opened her arms and pulled me into a hug. I immediately hugged her back because I had missed her so much, but how could I look her in the eyes after what had happened? 

"What are you doing here?" I asked and she guided me to the wooden bench against one of the walls in the office. Professor McGonagall exited the room, a reassuring smile on her face.

"I came to check up on you", she said and lifted my chin.

"You haven't been eating well, have you? You should gain some weight", she said and looked at me from top to bottom. Did she know? She had to.

"Oh, I know what happened, dear", she said as she saw my worries and I could see a sad look in her eyes, which broke my heart. I couldn't help but feel guilty about it too. It wasn't fair to blame Fred fully. I had not listened to his explanation, I had kissed Roger, I had not trusted him. Sure, that last one was quite valid now, but I wouldn't have trusted him with anyone. Just like he didn't trust me.

"Oh, don't cry, dear", she said and hugged me again, rubbing my back.

"I'm so sorry, Molly", I mumbled between the tears.