Chapter 40

"the yule ball," the yule ball? What the hell?

All the girls in the great hall sighed lovingly, but none of those girls reactions was the one I was interested in.

I turned my head towards the slytherin table and caught a glimpse of Viel rolling her eyes. Just at that moment she turned her gaze towards me, apparently she was also interested in seeing my reaction.

As we stared at each other, she smiled and slightly chuckled, gesturing to her mouth as she stuck out her tongue and made a disgusted face, imitating all of the boy's reaction.

God she was funny, in return I put my hands together and raised them to my face,  imitating the expression the girls had all just made.

She covered her lips to hide her giggle as Dumbledore continued to talk.

"it will take place on Christmas day, all champions must have a date as they will be performing the first dance of the evening,"

Suddenly a dozen of gazes placed themselves on James, one of the champions.

"surely he won't have a hard time finding a date," Siruis huffed in my ears almost as if he were jealous, "you going to ask anyone moony?"

"maybe," I hummed lightly stargazing at Viel who was talking to Anastasie,

"really, you going to try and ask her?" Siruis seemed desperately tired, "things may be better between you too but do you really wanna test it?"

"yes!" I scoffed, "I'll be fine, trust me,"

Siruis grinned, "got a bit more confidence than usual there moony,"

"you have no idea," I whispered to myself,

Christmas decorations were starting to be put up everywhere within hogwarts. The great hall was already decorated, a beautiful Christmas tree and star like lights hanging all over the place.

The classrooms were also starting to be decorated, with Christmas plants in herbology class, festive bottles in potion class and candy canes in transfiguration.

Nearly no one was going home for Christmas this year because of the yule ball. Though some boys tried to escape, only so that their parents insist they stay because it was tradition.

It was a little wierd I must admit, seeing people asking each other to be their partner to the yule ball. They were nervous then either relieved or disappointed, depending on the answer they had received.

It was alway harsh to have to watch someone be rejected and the bigger of a scene they made the more it physically hurt to watch.

It even managed to make me nervous. I didn't know if Viel would say yes, even though we were dating, we weren't exactly official. I wanted to do something special but I didn't know what.

Than as if my worries had been heard, in the corner of my hear I recognized a voice, "I can't believe it, that's the second time today!"

"what did he do?" Lily tried to clarify with Viel but she seemed to be to upset,

"That dumbass joked about it and the other one took it seriously," Viel huffed between her small screams of anger,

"Who joked what about who?" Lily was just as confused as I was,

"Siruis joked about me wanting to go to the yule ball with that James from Durmstrang, now that idoit has asked me twice to be his partner to the yule ball!"

Seems like apparently I didn't just have to worry about how to ask her but also who else might try.