Bonus Chapter: Am I Dreaming?

October 8th, 1997
9:56 AM
Sky POV

Chaotic.

That was the word to describe the last couple of months that led to this day.

You'd think that us already being married would make planning a wedding less stressful but no, it was just as bad as Tae & Kae's wedding.

Meanwhile, Dawn's wedding planning was smooth sailing.

But I guess our planning processes just either represented us as individuals or our relationships with our husbands. Kae was crazy as hell, and her wedding planning was equally crazy, Dawn was the cool & collected one (except for her pregnancy but whatever), and Michael & I's relationship used to be very chaotic.

This day would represent us now. How far we came from where we used to be.

As I laid there in my hotel bed, smiling to myself, I heard the door open.

"Skylar," Kae sing sung as she walked in holding Devante. I sat up, careful not to wake Melody & Serenity, who had slept in the bed with me.

"Kaelyn," I sing sung back, and she grinned, sitting on the bed. She put Devante down & I immediately snatched him up, getting a toothless grin from him.

"It's your wedding day," She said, still grinning, and it made me laugh. She laughed too. "What?"

"I'm not used to seeing you this happy," I said, playing with Devante's little hands. "You weren't even like this on your wedding day. You were a nervous wreck."

Kae shrugged. "I'm just... so happy for you."

"We've been married a year already though, Kae," I said giggling & she shrugged again. "Just say you're happy for yourself."

"I really am," She said grinning & I laughed. "We've talked about both of our weddings since we were younger & you were in mine already, so it's my turn to be in yours. But I am really happy for you Skylar," She said smiling. I smiled back.

"Thank you Kae." I bit my lip, thinking a little before speaking again. "You know, when you got married, I was actually a little jealous." Kae snickered.

"I know bitch." I gave her a look & she laughed.

"Damn was it that obvious?"

"No, but I know my bestfriend. You were working with your ex who you were CLEARLY still in love with on MY wedding. I knew it would bring up some feelings."

"Yet you let me work with him anyways."

"Duh!!! Yall threw me the best damn wedding!! You gotta make sacrifices sometimes," She said & we laughed. "But, I knew you were happy for me & Tae, and I knew it was nothing personal. Besides, it worked out in the end."

"Not because of you!!" I emphasized, laughing.

"Girl please!! Everything that happened from Greg cheating, to the pregnancy, to the break ups & make ups led to this moment, including you two working together on my wedding!! And I know it taught you how to make your wedding better than mine!!"

"Well..." I said & we laughed before hugging. "I love you Kae."

"I love you too, Sky. Now let's get you married again."

10:28 AM
Michael POV

"You nervous?" Tae asked as we ate breakfast in my room. I shook my head before chuckling.

"Tae, I married her last year!!"

"Well these are normal questions people ask before weddings, Michael," AJ spat, and I tried to hold back my laughter. "Ain't our fault we don't know what to ask since you mutherfuckers ran off and got married without us." Tae pointed at AJ in agreement.