2

Authors Note: Y'all deserved Chapter 2 as well. I want the book to start back at school at Chapter 3. So here you go and this should get you maddd hypedd for the 7th of Feb.

2

Antwonn|POV

"Ill be back later tonight. We are stopping at some fair a few cities over. See you in school tomorrow." I sent the message to Zavian and then slid out of my messages and went back to Snapchat. This drive was particularly quiet and it has been all summer—every drive back from visiting my real mom, My Dad's sister. We have a lunch and then we go about our ways. We are trying and thats all I could promise her. However, this is the first time the entire family came: My Dad's, Shawn, and Mel. And at the rest stop Mel saw this County Fair sign and he worked his charm so now we are going.

Shawn spoke, "So its not a single day that we can wear regular clothes?"

"Nope. We had Jean Friday one day but don't get your hopes up. With a new principal he is gonna follow protocol to the nines"

"Oh he is. That parent meeting last week he was not kidding. Its was too much negative attention dealing with the school last year and he wants it all behind him." My Dad added from the passenger seat as My other Dad added, "Aron was even scared like he was a student."

"What? He had a strong Caribbean accent and he meant business."

We all laughed as Shawn sat up and replied, "okay then.... and Schedules?"

"Will be in your school email by 7 AM. That email will have your locker temp passcode that you can change on the first day..." I explained and I understood all these questions was coming out of nerves. He is from the other side of the tracks. He is from public school and don't get all the overdoing that comes with Private ones. My phone buzzed in a message and I thought it was Zavian. However, it was from Yuri.

"Have you seen the update on Zavian's Dad case? They are saying he was dead before he was chopped and burned. How is he?"

I pursed my lips and took a deep breath. A few weeks ago when this story broke...Zavian didn't shed a tear or did he even grieve. That scared me because I fear it will come bubbling to the surface and he wont be able to contain it. I cant help you heal if you don't even know you are hurt. Ash Dawson was a corrupt damn Agent—he had so many enemies its sad, someone really wanted him dead—his death was qualified as a crime of passion due to all the stab wounds.

Zavian|POV

"2 thousand one hundred and 63 dollars." The cashier told me as she boxed up my Gucci pick up order. I handed her my black card as Marshall walked over with a watch and slid it across the counter.

"Add this please" He stated smiling from ear to ear as I gave him a death stare and then allowed her to tally it up.

"You carrying the bags bitch boy." I told him as he grabbed them and stuffed the receipt in the bag. We walked out of the Gucci and he asked, "Are we blowing it down in the morning. I need to know if I need to roll up?"

"Its our first day of school ritual. Ofcourse we are" I told him as Sev came rolling up with the baby Christian in his stroller and he spoke to Marshall, "Did you tell em that we need his help?" I stared at Marshall quickly retorted, "Sev what are you talking about?" Sev took a deep breath and stared at me.