19

19

"Reidmen. This your final block of this semester. See you Next Year. And remember at 1 all people who donated to see: A Christmas Detour may head to get their VIP seats and at 1:20 the rest of the school may attend. This is Delco Jones see you there. Happy Holidays." Delco said over the announcement as Antwonn bubbled in his final answer and stood up. He walked over and headed over to his teacher. He handed in his test and Mister Baldwin mouthed to meet him outside in the hallway.

"I saw your college map? You want to Double Major?" Mister Baldwin asked.

"Yes I have interest in Law and Pre-Med. Stanford already accepted me." Antwonn told him as he smiled, "I saw it on the Senior Wall. I am actually an alumni of Stanford. I am really close with the Director of the Med Program there. Kareem Jabar is his name. I am going to definitely put in a great recommendation for you."

"Are you kidding me? That would be amazing." Antwonn stated smiling.

"Yes and it will go along way. Im his bestfriend Nathan and Kareem go way back. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be here..Ill probably still be in Miami not knowing which way was up. He came back into my life in 2020–alot of years ago but he came back home to Miami because his mother was dying and we reconnected. Life got messy but we survived as the tough do. But trust me my word will go along way. Now bye you know you aren't allowed to sit in my class after a test. Just walk around or something until that movie thing."

"I actually have to meet someone at the Front Gate to come in as a visitor he watching it with me. Thanks again, Mister Baldwin." Antwonn said as he headed to the front gate as he saw Omari signing in dressed in a white Valentino shirt and some ripped jeans. He walked over and smiled. They hugged and Antwonn stated, "We have 3 minutes before the VIP students are let down to the Auditorium we can start walking over. How was your meeting at the Academy?"

"I just met with my recruiter. He paid my final fees and brought some of the uniforms. I am mad excited. I cant even lie." Omari said smiling from ear to ear.

"I bet. Im excited for you. Okay so I had to make sure I could have three extra invites and I can so I am inviting you to my Uncles wedding on Christmas Night. Its nothing big its at his house on Cornelia Street. My Dad and Aunt Kellan is decorating and its going to be intimate. You going to come?" I said smiling as I looked up at him and he smiled, "Ofcourse Ill come only if you come to my house tonight."

"Whats tonight? And Ill have to ask out my parents, Im on ice with them." I told him as we pushed thru the double doors and walked  out into the courtyard.

"Georgia has tricked  me into attending this family dinner. They all getting into town tonight and I have to be there"

"Ill ask. It seems you need support." Antwonn said.

"Yeah all they will be doing is staring at me with their fake broken hearts and whispered about my parents all night. I need someone there to take my mind off of it. Georgia will have to spread her fake smiles around the dinner." He explained as Antwonn laughed and stated, "Oh I get that."

They walked up to the Auditorium and they was behind one student. They walked up next and Marco spotted them and smiled, "Welcome. The short is roughly 45 minutes. The VIP section is on the second floor on the balcony seats. Enjoy."

"Go and get out seats. I need to quickly run to the bookstore right there and grab us some snacks."

"I can just come with you" Omari suggested.

"No. I need good seats. I can walk by myself I think." Antwonn smirked as he rushed off down the sidewalk and went thru the Automatic doors to the bookstore and he picked up a few things and quickly went over to the counter. He paid with his student card as he saw Georgia. He took a deep breath and called out to her.