15

15

Thanksgiving Eve

O'Dell POV

I pulled into the Grady Birde Motel. I stepped out the car and leaned against the hood as I finished my half of blunt. I blew the smoke into the nightsky as I seen a door open and I saw a familiar face—a mad face at that.

"I just cant keep doing this." She ran towards a car and I squinted before peeping it was Cat, Antwonn's Friend. Suddenly a naked man in a towel stopped at the door and snapped, "Cat! You are taking it the wrong way. I care about you but I just don't know if this can actually be a thing."

"So lets end this before it goes too far." She replied as she unlocked her car door and hopped in. He looks way older than her. But their seniors and who wasn't dating up in High School. He closed the door back and I tossed the blunt and stomped it out. I walked over to the passenger side and grabbed a few bags. I then headed to room 6 and unlocked the door. I walked in and saw Stevie sitting up on the bed and Aron's Mother coming out of the bathroom. I placed the bags down on the desk and stated, "Sorry I am late. I had to help out with getting things for Thanksgiving tomorrow." She walked over to the desk and unpacked the things before she spoke, "When are you letting us go? What I don't get is how I get rescued to become someone else's hostage. Who the fuck are you? And what is this kid doing here?"

"This kid is Pablo's other son. After you two was taken he took a deal to catch Aron and Cordell but he met another woman and Stevie came along." I confessed to her as she stared over at Stevie and he didn't say a thing.

"Ofcourse this got to do with my Dad." He mumbled as he rubbed his face and exhaled, "its been a few days since we been here and the men you have watching us are carrying guns...what is all that about?"

"Until I figure out how to tell Aron I have y'all without going against what I promised him." I
told them as she gasped and asked, "so you work for my son? He still a fucking criminal. Its that fucking Cordell who poisoned his brain."

"Watch your mouth about my Dad....alright! And they aren't criminals. While your ass was living with the rats and roaches in that Academy basement"

"Their names was cleared. And My Dad was arrested." Stevie spoke as his pursed his lips and continued, "My dad called and told me everything and so if you think I want to meet my big brother you are sadly mistaken. So Ill take my plane ticket, bus ticket, or even a nice ride back to campus..."

"Im in charge here....so relax. Enjoy dinner and the free HBO. Ill be back tomorrow...and my boy said he caught yall trying to break out it will be bad"

"For your boys..." Stevie vaguely said as if he had a plan concocting in his brain. He laid back and exhaled, "This shit is stupid." I grabbed my keys and walked back out and saw my boy flash his car lights signaling he was in position.

I hopped in my car and sped off and within 8 minutes down the road I saw someone waving in the street...they seemed to have broken down. I pulled over behind them and stepped out and saw it was Cat. She came over towards me and noticed who I was and exhaled, "Oh My God. A small world. O'Dell I broke down...Can you give me a lift?"

"Yeah come on. Did you call the"

"Cant come out til the morning." She told by cutting me off. She went around and hopped into the passenger seat. I got back into my car and rode off.