Chapter eight

The next day, Alice was busy at the office filling out files, while FP decided to go have an early lunch. What he didn't mention though, is that he'd be treating her kids to pizza.

"So, my mom doesn't know you took us?" Betty asks crossing her arms the same way her mother does.

"Uh, not yet." He tells them.

"You know this is basically kidnapping, right?" Betty says with a scowl.

"What? No. I've known you two a long long time, and Penelope is here, doing whatever Penelope does." He says turning around to see their babysitter flirting with the waiter.

"God, she's freaky." Charles speaks up.

"So here's the deal, how would you like to be my pretend children for one afternoon?" FP smiles.

"Why don't you just tell poor Gladys the truth." Betty sighs.

"You know?" FP asks shocked.

"Mom tells us everything, mister wedding ring boy!" She teases.

"Oh my goodness, did you see gossip girl last night? It was so amazing!" She mimics what she thinks Gladys is like.

"Hey, no no. Gladys isn't like that, your mom is presenting her in a very weird way." He replies waving her off.

"I thought you'd be excited to have an acting job." He tells Betty.

"If it's an acting job, we should get paid." She battles.

"Yeah, you're going to get paid... in experience."

"I want to actually get paid." She grins.

"Alright, what do you want?" He asks her with a sigh.

"Six hundred dollars for the day, I'll do my own hair and makeup. And I want you to a pay for the six weekends of acting camp that my mom can't afford." She lists off.

"Fifty dollars for the day and a two week acting class at the YMCA here in Riverdale." He smiles thinking he won.

"Five hundred dollars and a four week acting class."

"Three hundred dollars and a three week acting class" he bickers.

"Done." She reaches her hand out for him to shake.

"Just so you know, I would've done it for five hundred." He smirks, still shaking her hand.

"I would've done it for the experience." She smiles as he lets go of her hand.

"Charles, what about you?"

"I want you to take me to Hawaii, so I can swim with the dolphins." He tells him like it's obvious.

"You aren't going to let that one go are you? We aren't going to Hawaii buddy, anything else?" He responds before taking a sip of his coke.

"Find someone else then." Charles says while slowly pouring his pop into his cup.

"Very good Charles, were here to negotiate. Do you have anything else you might like?" FP asks him annoyed.

"I want a flying pony."

"I want a flying pony too, but they don't exist" FP argues.

"Well then I'd like a regular pony, and I want to name him chic."

"How about a PlayStation 4 and we name him chic?" FP raises an eyebrow.

"Keep talking."

"Will include four video games-"