Chapter seventeen

And there the four of them sat in a Hawaiian themed restaurant as a waiter took their drink orders. The waiter had expressed her love for one of the wines on their menu, which clearly wasn't something Hermione enjoyed.

"Really? Because when we were in the Napa Valley, they said that wasn't a good time of year for Merlot." She eyed the waitress sassily.

"Oh, how about the Verite Cabernet?" The waitress blushes.

"Isn't that really grapey? I mean I enjoy grapey but not over grapey." Hiram argues with the waitress while FP and Alice share a whispered conversation.

"Did you go over the index cards I wrote you?" She asked him, holding up a menu so they couldn't read her lips.

He did the same. "I glanced at them, yes" he teased her.

"You glanced at them?" She raised her eyebrows.

"I graduated med school without reading a single book, just relax." She rolls her eyes at that.

"You know what, just give us the most expensive bottle you have, and it'll probably be good enough." Hiram tells the waitress, earning a giggle from Hermione.

The waitress leaves with an eye roll no one sees, not excited to be serving them tonight.

"Look at us, Alice! Both so happily married." She kisses Hiram on the cheek.

"Can you even believe it?" Alice exclaims.

"Everything that I've always hoped for, right Hiram?" She places her forehead on his.

"Of course my little sugar bear." He replies, causing them to start cooing at each other.

FP and Alice share a disgusted look before he pulled out his phone and texted her.

Her phone chimes and she takes it in her hands.

FP: I think they took one of the pills you keep in your purse.

She giggled before sending him a text back as the two love birds continued to smother each other in eskimo kisses.

Al: I just hope their noses are clean.

FP chuckles, shaking his head at her before setting his phone back on the table.

"Hold on a second, I love the way you smell. Nothing smells as good as Hermie over here." Hiram tells them.

"Smelling Hermie, that's always a good thing." He looks over at Alice who chokes on her water, unable to withhold her laughter at his joke.
(Shit=Hermie )

The waitress had returned with their bottle of wine and had leaned over Hiram to get to his glass.

"Don't pour over me! Do not pour over me, I'll bring my glass to you." He yells at her, moving his glass over so she could reach it.

"So, FP-" Hermione breaks the awkward tension. "You're a plastic surgeon?"

"Yes, I am." He smiles.

"Very convenient for you, Alice." Hermione winks at her, causing Alice's mouth to gape open before she covers it up with a laugh.

"Oh no, this girl has had nothing done." FP assures them. "She's just a natural beauty." He reaches for her hand, placing his over top of hers on the table.

"Awe, sweetie." She caresses his hand with her other one.

"What about me? What would you fix about me?" Hermione giddily asks him.

"Professional speaking? I wouldn't do a thing."

"Nothing? You're too sweet." She smirks.

"I mean, they already took too much fat out of your arms, but that's what sleeves are for." He explains further, causing Hermione to send him a glare.