Chapter 5 - Heart Ache

Adrien sat at his dinning room table, a mass pile of bills and paperwork scattered out in front if him. He buried his head into his palms as he thought about what he would have to do that evening. Marinette was out making a delivery of macrons to a local store, so he wouldn't be able to confide in her for awhile, though they had talked that morning after he had returned from dropping the kids off at school. 

"It's the right thing to do." She has said as she placed her warm hand over his. They both knew perfectly well how difficult it would be to give up their miraculous to their eldest son and daughter. Plagg and Tiki had been their greatest friends throughout their teenage years, no one wants to lose that. 

"This will help Hugo." She had said. It amazed Adrien how his wife was able to put the entire world before herself, though he knew she must have been feeling the exact same way he was or worse. He dwelled on the moment longer. Marinette's soothing voice and sorrowfull, teary face pasted in his mind like a memorable scene from countless movies. His white t-shirt ruffled as Plagg flew up from Adrien's lap up to his face. 

"I don't know what to do Plagg. I'm not sure I'm ready to let go." Adrien confessed as he let his hands fall so he could see his little friend. 

"Think of it this way, everytime I lose my best piece of cheese, I'm extremely heart broken, but the next day, you just give me a new one, and suddenly everything is all better." Plagg spoke cheerily as shoved a block of cheese in his mouth.

"Plagg, that's not helping." Adrien said with a firm tone allowing his parenting abilities come through. He and Marinette had caught themselves multiple times parenting Plagg, occasionally Tiki. It was weird to be honest. Ever since they had stepped into their roles as parents, it had become a daily character trait, using it on just about anyone. Adrien had even used a few times, accidentally, while he was at work directing photo shoots.  

"I'm sorry. I'm not good at all this mushy stuff." Plagg explained a little grumpily. Adrien adjusted himself in his chair, leaning on the table, and bringing his hand up to his chin to think.

"Though, I suppose you could be right." Adrien thought. Plagg was surprised and watched his master, hoping he'd explain what he meant.

"Though I'm losing you, I'll be able to start training my daughter and you'll become her problem." Adrien teased as he turned to poke his kwami in the tummy.

"Hey! I'm not that bad!" Plagg complained, crossing his little arms into a pout. 

"No, you've been the greatest kwami I could ever have Plagg." Adrien laughed at his friend, as he lifted up his fist. Plagg smiled and pressed one of his little paws against Adrien's fist. The moment was tender and sincere. Definetly a special one. Plagg's eyes watered, suddenly feeling what the others had been. 

"I'm going to miss you Adrien!" The cat squealed as he latched onto Adrien's chest. At first, Agreste was surprised, but eventually, placed his hands gently over his little buddy.

"You've been the best Chat Noir yet. I couldn't have been more thankful." Plagg sobbed. Adrien had very rarely seen the cat so emotional, well when it didn't involve cheese anyway. 

"I'll miss you too, and I promise you my daughter will take the best of care with you. I'll make sure of it." Adrien comforted as he bopped Plagg's tiny nose. So much was going to change in a matter of hours and both Adrien and Plagg were happy that their time to together was ended like this. They wouldn't have had it any other way.