Chapter 23 - Revoked

Adrien was livid on their drive home after the high school reunion. Lila!? His father had given the butterfly miraculous to Lila!? It was easy for the rest of the family to tell that the head of their household was ticked, as they spent much of the ride clinging to their seats. Thankfully everyone had been wearing their seatbelts and they didnt run into any law enforcement. After pulling into the driveway the kids each released a breath they didnt know they were holding. 

"What is going on?" Emma asked as soon as they were inside the house. Adrien closed the door behind him and locked it before grabbing Marinette's arm. 

"I need to talk to your mother." Without another word, Adrien stormed up the stairs to the master bedroom with his wife in towe. Once there he released her and sat down on the bed with a huff. Mari closed the door behind her, before returning back to her husband. 

"What is your problem!?" The woman snapped. Both of them knew this was about to get very intense, but both refused to back down. 

"Lila."

"What about her!?"

"Are you seriously asking me that!?" Adrien replied gruffly as he tugged on his tie to remove it. 

"I already know that Chaton! I'm trying to understand why she has you swinging your claws at everyone passing you by!" Marinette retorted leaning over and extending her arm out with a swing to her right. 

"She's dangerous Mari!" 

"You think I don't know that!?" Mari pulled her hand back to chest pointing toward herself to enfisize her point. She was very confused now. What had him so rialed up? Yeah, she was pretty ticked that Lila was Monarchtress, but some part of it was really pushing her husband over the edge.

"I never said that!" The man defended opening his arms up and puffing out his chest. Marinette groaned as she pinched the bridge of her nose. This was so frustrating! For a moment the room fell silent. The couple each taking the time to take a breath and relax. The two often tried not to argue or fight and were very good at stopping themselves once one started. They needed to remain calm to prevent an akuma from possessing them, especially when they were superheros. Though that time in their life was passed, neither Agreste could break the old habit.  Adrien sighed and let his shoulders slack, his eyes drifting down to the carpeting. "I'm sorry Mari. Im not trying to be a jerk." All the tension Marinette had built up immediately dissipated as she sighed and stepped over to the bed and sat down beside her husband. She understood that this was hard on him, he was just trying to protect his family and it seemed as if the rest of his family, specifically his father, wasnt helping him.Now adding Lila to the mix, it pushed the man over his limit. Both were experienced in dealing with the woman, and both definetly knew how dangerous and manipulative she could be. Of course, only causing them to worry for their kids Had the decision to pass the miraculous on to them been a good idea? At the time, Adrien was sure that it would be, but now, he wasn't so sure. Yeah, they both knew that the kids would be dealing with danger, adding Lila to that only raised the level of risk to a new extreme. One that  the former holders worried might be too much for the teens. On top of that, they were the parents. Their job is to keep their children safe, letting them be Little Bug and Lady Chat was definetly not the smartest idea now, especially with this new development. Marinette didn't know what to do. Together the couple sat in silence trying to decide what to do next. Finally Adrien got to his feet and sighed. "I think I know what we need to do." Marinette waited patiently for her husband to elaborate. "We need to take our miraculous' back and defeat Lila." Adrien finally said turning back to his wife. 

"What!?" Mari yelped jumping up to her feet as well.

"I don't see any other options Honey!"

"Why!?"