Chapter 10 - The First Battle

Emma used her pole to vault from one building to another. After rigorously training for the past week, she was starting to get a hang of her abilities.  Adrien stood on the street below supervising, he wanted to keep his little girl safe, though he knew the miraculous would serve her well in that area without him. Farther away in the city, Hugo and Marinette were doing something similar. Little did either of them know that their first battle with a real akuma would begin in a few minutes. Across town, a teenage boy walked through the park. His eyes blinded by his tears. A light blue collar hanging off his fingertips. He had lost his precious pet. A gray-blue cat that had been his best friend since he started high school two years ago. He had searched for almost an hour now. Many other people had passed him by, but none of then stopped to find out what was wrong or try to help him. As the time flew by, the teen became more and more upset, the perfect storm for an akuma. Lila raised her arms in joy, finally she could test her new powers. She set free a new akuma and waited for it to connect with the teenager.  The boy fell on his knees in despair and wept. By this point he had been on the hunt for hours, alone. The akuma stooped down to his level and settled into the collar.

"Feline Finder, I am Monarchtress. Your best friend has disappeared without a trace and no one has offered to help you find her, but I will help you. In return I only ask for Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculous." Lila convinced sinisterly.

"I will, Monarchtress." The seventeen year old agreed as the akuma took control. Meanwhile, Emma jumped down from a building and landed on her feet in a hidden alleyway beside her father. 

"That's my girl." Adrien had an approving grin on his face. The one only a father could give, his green eyes glowed with pride as he looked at his daughter. They stood gazing at each other in a delicate silence before Emma shied away in embarrassment. It wasn't everyday her dad had looked at her with an evident parental love, and even if did, she simply hadn't noticed until those special times when it counted that much more. Adrien let out a little huff as his smile grew wider. He reached out and scuffed the girl's hair.

"Dad!" Emma whined with glee. Then there was a crash. Both shot there heads up and turned to the sound, much like a cat. Their eyes widening. Hugo and Marinette were under the Effiel tower when they also heard the sound. Turning their heads to see where they commotion was coming from. Hugk only looked into his mom's eyes for a second before he swung off. He knew what he had to do. Landing on the roof of a  building, he crouched down by the edge to look. A slender boy stood upon a silver glider in the shape of a paw. He wore high real boots, a gray body suit, white gloves with black fingers, a real collar stretched around his waist, and around his eyes he wore a sharp featured blue mask. His hair fell lose on his head, the colors ombred from black, to orange, ending in white. He hovered over the street, hundreds of cats sitting before him. Some feral strays and others  domesticated pets. Across the way, Emma and Adrien were sprinting along the sidewalk towards the loud noises, upon seeing the akuma they ducked into an alleyway. Peeking their heads out they observed the situation.

"I've never seen so many cats in one place." Adrien remarked as he scanned the street. 

"I think I just found your partner." The man stated. Emma followed her father's gaze to the roof of a building across the street. A boy in a ladybug transformation kneeled on the roof observing from another angle. This was really it, she was officially the new Chat Noir and the boy in the red suit was going to be her partner for the next decade or so.

"You need to meet up with him. Go around the back and remain out of sight of the akuma." Adrien instructed his daughter. With a short nod of understanding she left him and proceeded to do as he had told her. Hugo continued to study what was happening on the street below. Then out of nowhere, a girl transformed in a black cat uniform vaulted down beside him.